Tattslotto – Ever won big?

I’m guilty of wasting/gambling/investing :p $15-20 a week on an Oz lotto and Powerball tickets every week with the hope of being the 1:55,000,000 lucky person who will win the Jackpot.

Never win, only the odd $12-$13 but for my justification is somebody has to win it, people do win it and why can’t I?

I have never met anyone who has won big >1M+ but always read and hear about the stories, most of them appear to end in tears.

Has anybody won/met these 1:55,000,000 people?

I think you're nearly guaranteed a win if you buy 55million tickets. Might cost a little more than what you win though...

I know someone who won $15M (I think it was) recently. Two friends used to work with him and still see him. He will not waste it.

my parents won the lottery 2x when we were growing up.... it wasnt a huge amount of money either time, but I think the first paid for our very large family to take a nice holiday.
Cant remember what they did with the second one... probably reno's on the house or something like that.

I'm fairly certain they spent alot more on tickets than they received back over the years though.

I went to primary school with a girl whose family won about $200k back in the 80s. Must be almost equivalent to 1mil these days?

I also know a guy from high school whose family has won big amounts twice. Not sure how much exactly. And he then went on to win a green card to the USA in that green card lottery! Lucky family!

I worked with a guy who won approx $235,000 (around 1995).
He and his wife found out on their way to work (both factory workers) they won.The continued renting their apt, for a few years, and eventually bought a modest house. He did say a lot of people came out of the woodwork, asking for money. He and the wife still work at the factory.

Another older single man in our town won 9+ million, and had given it away to his "new friends". Within 3 years he was working at the local call center, as the money was no gone.

Most I have ever won on a lottery was $1000.
We spend about $4 month average on tickets.
..or if the jackpot is really big.

My husband and I won $300 about two years back (ticket was $10). I wasn't working at the time as I was recovering from major surgery so even that was a decent win for us :)

We do buy a ticket every few months for a bit of fun.

My uncle has been buying weekly tickets for about 30+ years and hasn't won anything major yet. You could go on a nice holiday for that money :p

My aunty and uncles best friends near Newcastle won $11M about 5 years ago.

Simple people living on a farm and on centrelink benefits - about 15 family members across 3 generations living there.

They built a massive house on the same land (about 1000sqm living space on 4 levels) and a massive racing track out the back. They then bought 12 subaru wrx's and race around their track.

Not how I would spend it but I don't really think they are any different these days - just with a big house.

When I was kid, best friends, never married aunt and grandmother (I knew them too) who lived together won separate pre lotto lotteries each - 14K and 30K.

Friends won 1.2M about 12 years ago.

Other friends won 'less than a million' about 2 years ago.

Woman at work won 1M a couple of years ago (although most people have been told her mother won it).

The woman at work spends bucket loads on lotto so it was a case of getting her money back.

I buy lotto about 3 times a year, and a few years ago got 5 and 1 supp, and won $8,800. 1/2 a number from the big one which was 900K.

I have a distant relative who has won first prize twice - both times used the money to buy large earth moving equipment to mine opals so that he could be rich :confused:

I reckon I have a great return from club Keno.

I don't ever gamble on anything, but 15 years ago I was at a club with the misses and some of her mates wanted us all to go in some sort of keno draw. We all chipped in and won 10 grand. It was divided between 12 of us, so me and the misses won 2 times $800 from a $2 investment.

I've never put another cent into keno.

See ya's.

Still hoping ... :D ... buy my 2x$2 lottery tickets every week, and 2x$2 scratchies. Total $8/wk for my extravagent gambling habit.

If I win more than $4 on either, I take the profit and reinvest the principal.

Back in the early 80's I used to work with a guy at the same company doing the same job.

He changed his jobs and I followed a few months later to his new employer.

He changed jobs again, and again so did I.

He won Tatslotto 1st division and quit his job. I didn't win anything and continued working. :confused:

Back