Tax depreciation

Hi all,

Looking at getting a depreciation schedule on a house built in the late 70's. There mayhave been some minor renovations to the kitchen and bathroom since construction.
I've called up The depreciator and was told that it probably isn't worth getting someone out to conduct the inspection, and that I should just take some pictures and send it through.

I'm looking at renting this house (my current PPOR) to my sister, and leaving the lawn mower, a bed and a few other bits and pieces at the property. In taking photo's, to what extent should the detail be?

Thanks

Sean

If there are minor renos, the cost of an inspection often can't be justified. We always get people to send photos so we can see what's there. Sometimes there are more renos than people realise and we end up inspecting.
If you are leaving Assets in a property for a tenant to use, you can depreciate them. But it's not a new for old value or anything like that. The condition of the Assets and the length of time you have owned them for is important.
The more photos, the better.

Back