Taxation statistics : 100 people

Oh how I do wish this were interpersonal and not thru some super safe moderated anon internet portal. I'd be a very happy little jelly bean to show you my complete lack of interpersonal skills. :)

An angry bloke with a chip on his shoulder who delights in his tenants' surprise at discovering unexpected terms in their lease.....you must be an absolute delight to do business with.

Can't understand why you have difficulty with lawyers, financiers, managers, resi investors, all levels of government and the public.....;)

An angry bloke with a chip on his shoulder who delights in his tenants' surprise at.....

You lost me right there Gertrude.

See - through the wonderful medium of the internet, this little old granny from Box Hill in suburban Melbourne, with just a wee little Schnauzer for company and a small 1 bedroom pensioner flat, I can pretend as much as like, like you, to be in fantasy land.

I have no Tenants. I have no money. I'm not a bloke and you haven't got the first clue about me, nor how I interact with my fellow pensioners.

Good day madam. :D

You lost me right there Gertrude.

See - through the wonderful medium of the internet, this little old granny from Box Hill in suburban Melbourne, with just a wee little Schnauzer for company and a small 1 bedroom pensioner flat, I can pretend as much as like, like you, to be in fantasy land.

I have no Tenants. I have no money. I'm not a bloke and you haven't got the first clue about me, nor how I interact with my fellow pensioners.

Good day madam. :D

Dear Granny Box Hill

It's the wee little Schnauzer that has me worried, they are at just the right height to cause some damage should they get agro :eek:

How much can Govt kick the top people in the teeth without hurting them too much such that they decide to keep on paying, and in the same breathe, how much can they afford to hand out to the lowermost group, knowing that they will get nothing back for it.

Unfortunately the bottom 25% still vote. I reckon if they don't contribute anything to this this country, why should they have a say in what direction it is headed?

.....and I always get a laugh out of people purporting to be Lenders when those same Lenders know full well that with the various ;

• company charges
  • first registered mortgages
  • second registered mortgages
  • unlimited company guarantees
  • trustee guarantees
  • personal guarantees
that Lenders insist upon nowadays within their security schedule before extending to Borrowers a loan to simply conduct some sound business that they think there is no legal nexus.

The days of setting of a $2 shelf company and being granted a loan and walking away from it are long gone, which you know.

I think in the case of Kerry Packer, those organsiations wouldn't have been created in the first place, nor continued strongly without his initial capital nor his continued management and guidance. He deserves full credit for what he did.

How someone like you, with not even one investment property under your belt, can snidely sit there in your ivory tower and pass comment on someone like KP is beyond belief. You aren't even qualified to be in the same room.

No fair..I have 3 investment properties, and NO ivory tower. Anyone with less properoties than me and an ivory tower of their own from which they can critcise untouchables must be a bloody tax dodging theif

Dazz, as this was discussing income tax (only) and did not inlcudr stamp duty or any of the other types of tax, doesn't that put you into the bottom 25% category which paid no income tax, as you've said you've paid no income tax for a while ? which you said are the root cause of all problems :D :confused:

I think what you're doing is jsut fine & dandy, no opnion or probem with it at all (just saying, not "having a go" who am I to & why would I ?) , but your description of what it is in your post is quite confusing

No fair..I have 3 investment properties, and NO ivory tower. Anyone with less properoties than me and an ivory tower of their own from which they can critcise untouchables must be a bloody tax dodging theif

Dazz, as this was discussing income tax (only) and did not inlcudr stamp duty or any of the other types of tax, doesn't that put you into the bottom 25% category which paid no income tax, as you've said you've paid no income tax for a while ? which you said are the root cause of all problems :D :confused:

I think what you're doing is jsut fine & dandy, no opnion or probem with it at all (just saying, not "having a go" who am I to & why would I ?) , but your description of what it is in your post is quite confusing

Jaycee,

My interpersonal skills are apparently dreadful, therefore any explanation from myself will just confuse further.

Suggest you speak with the Token Funder in his ivory tower. He has no investment property at all, but is crystal clear on everything, his snide wit is something to treasure and his interpersonal skills are just tickety boo....he'll be able to clear it up for you in no time at all.

Jaycee,

My interpersonal skills are apparently dreadful, therefore any explanation from myself will just confuse further.

Suggest you speak with the Token Funder in his ivory tower. He has no investment property at all, but is crystal clear on everything, his snide wit is something to treasure and his interpersonal skills are just tickety boo....he'll be able to clear it up for you in no time at all.

I was just asking mate..not trying to get caught up in anything nor start anything

Well, I thought there were 2 certainties in life ..... death and taxes. While the OP I think was pretty much referring to "income tax", I do agree, that establishing the path of least tax, is a national pastime in Australia. It was more so, when not so long ago, you got slugged 50 % for earning over $50,000 if I recall. When i was a young fella, and got a second job, to try and get ahead in the world, wow did I learn about tax the hard way. I was introduced to trusts by my employer in the mid 1980's, and did what ever income splitting I legally could. I believe ever after that, as I was earning a bit more than the average bloke (not suggesting in KP's league), I think I still paid close to the average bloke in tax. Now if you take offence to a person, working harder, or taking greater risks by investing (read risking) what they have accumulated, to continue to grow, then I would think this forum is not the right club for you to be a member of. If a person gets to a situation that they are not paying tax, then they obviously have had the entities that have produced the income, pay tax on the way through. I dont have the time to crunch the numbers, however with franked dividends, I think you can pocket quite a few dollars through the year, and the credits would offset quite a bit of income. And yes, the income earned, had tax paid on it. They the final date of collection, is the CGT that your estate will pay, if you dont use KP's thinking, and work on a minimisation plan.
Hey, at the end of the day, work out a plan for you, and then work your plan, and enjoy the ride on the way.

Back