Temporary utilities connections - which suppliers?

Hi again everyone,
How do you go about getting a temporary electricity and gas connection to a house at settlement?
We only need these utilities whilst we complete renos on our first IP purchase, about 3 weeks.
Is there certain companies that do these type of connections because I can only seem to find information on contracted connections?
Who do other forumites use for this kind of situation?
(Property is in Frankston Nth, VIC)
Thanks in advance for your input.

Same as any other utility connection, it will be swapped over once tenants connects anyway.

I do it all the time when renovating after purchase. Only thing to watch is it make sure the company sends the bills to your residential address. this is where sticking with the same companies is handy as they have all that info on file.

And also make sure you sign up to a plan with no break fees, i.e not on a 12 month or more contract. So after your 3 weeks you can just cancel the power/gas with no extra costs.

I've just done exactly that - just signed up to a regular supplier. Will complete the reno, then get it disconnected again prior to tenanting it out. Approximate cost of the connect/disconnect is about $30 each.

Most providers have plans with no lock in contracts. Obviously higher cost, but if you're only going to be there for a couple of weeks who cares.

Turns out our current supplier was able to connect us. Connection fee to be credited on first bill and the pay-on-time discounts we currently receive will be applied to the new connection too. No disconnection fee.

Back