tenant called the Police on us

cause housing is considred a basic need & laws will not be written to throw tenants out.. Delays till you can act, court dates & laws not wanting to throw pple onto the street so to speak means it's unlikely to change in future

can I apply the same logic and not pay my mortguage?

Well done for standing your ground and sticking up for yourself.

Im confused though, I see stories on A Current Affair almost once a year on "Tenants from hell" who stay in properties without paying a red cent of rent and get away with it.

Can someone please explain how some tenants can get away with not paying their rent and legally stay in a house?

Cheers

Mick

They can't. The NSW Tenancy Act for instance stipulates that once they are a total of 2 weeks behind in rent you can go to the Tribunal and have eviction proceedings started, and they could be ordered to go within a week. If they tried to hang in there of course they will inevitably then have problems with the constabulary or the Sheriff.

I think you could be misremembering the 'tenant from hell' stories who completely trash a place while they are occupying it. Further, tabloid ersatz 'current affairs' shows like ACA like to exaggerate or misrepresent the nature of situations to get their 6 pm viewing audience locked in to watch the commercials...

The land tax on caravan parks is horrendous which is why most of them in Vic are selling out. Still a few around the Gold Coast and evidently if you sign a stat dec saying you wont ever sell for development, you can forgo the land tax.

So what happens if you sell to someone, and in couple of years he decides to develop the land?

Back