Tenant Claims ownership.

When the tenant returns from work this week l am going to ask a few more questions regarding this claim by the PM. Just suss out whats been actually said and l will try and get the PM,s name so l can make a call direct.
cheers
yadreamin

Sorry, but that would be as unacceptable to the owner of the "old house in a suburb somewhere" as it is to the owner of the house next door to you.

Hi Wylie,
WHat i ws reffering to was their obvious unwillingness to adapt to living in an estate with extra rules/covenants etc than your typical stand alone house. I mean, the person who started this thread, did mention that there are a high number of such rules and covenants etc didn't he ?

I wasn't suggesting people who rent out 'old houses in a suburb somewhere' let tenants do whatever they like structurally or otherwise, that would be quite stupid

i think what the agent told them is that they are entitled to quiet and peaceful possession, and they have interpreted it as them becoming the owners :cool:

There are some real traps in the common law when dealing with property and close family.

The parents probably said their son had promised them they could live in the house for as long as they like so long as they paid the rates. That would have been enforceable.

If they are "owners" maybe they will consider selling soon and then you can get some new neighbours...:D:D:D

tell you what that would be a nice little money earner.. rent a house.. which then apparently makes you the owner and then selling it..... now how to get around the contract/title problem... hmmm....

there was a topic here a few months ago wehre a tenant, or actually the tenant's friend, did exactly that - sold the air conditioner and the house itself for a ridiculouslylow sum !

If they are "owners" maybe they will consider selling soon and then you can get some new neighbours...:D:D:D

tell you what that would be a nice little money earner.. rent a house.. which then apparently makes you the owner and then selling it..... now how to get around the contract/title problem... hmmm....

Maybe someone will buy it on Ebay? :p

There are some real traps in the common law when dealing with property and close family.

The parents probably said their son had promised them they could live in the house for as long as they like so long as they paid the rates. That would have been enforceable.

Generally, as this was an agreement on a domestic basis, it is deemed by the courts to be non-binding. Therefore there is no "contract" so to speak, so unenforceable.

Boods

Back