Tenant made me laugh

It never ceases to amaze me how many tenants put everything before paying their rent. Crikey, could they have told their son "Sorry, son, but you broke your bed & I can't afford to replace it. You have the option of sleeping on the floor (on the matress) or finding the money to replace it yourself" How about teaching the kid some responsibility & letting them know that their actions bring about consequences?

And as for this all happening mid month, when the rent is due on the first, well, is the bed gold plated or something? That is some expensive bed. I would presume that Canada has discount stores. You can pick up a crappy new single bed for $99 here. Unless they are paying the equivalent of $50 pw, they could still have bought the bed & paid something toward the rent.

I'm with you Kathryn, get rid of them. You have expenses, you shouldn't have to hold their hands every step of the way.

you're right skater.
They could have paid something!!!

I imagine they will do a runner, as they know they only 2 months left on their lease.

I'm not sure if that would make you feel better...I'm just putting the final hard working touches to a nice pristine new house and I don't want anyone to move in and wreck it!! Geesh! I'll have to get over that one quick. :eek:

update

Well she promised to pay on the 15th. What a surprise, she didn't.
We have issued them a "15 day notice to quit" for rental arrears.
Guess they are saving our rent money for their next landlord.....

Oh well, see them at tribunal.

Back