Tenant sues for dead goldfish

"The tribunal heard the tenants telephoned the agent to complain about the faulty air conditioning in September 2012 and followed it up with an email on December 10."

Very rare to need air conditioning in Canberra in September. I find it hard to believe.

"The tribunal heard the tenants telephoned the agent to complain about the faulty air conditioning in September 2012 and followed it up with an email on December 10."

Very rare to need air conditioning in Canberra in September. I find it hard to believe.

I've only been to Canberra once, that was in September - I used the apartment's AC as heating almost non stop.

This post is a red herring - the tenants got nothing for the dead fish, but $4K for the faulty air conditioning and lack of advertised Foxtel.

Are verbal complaints considered legal here?
How serious can it be , when a tenant waits 3 months before complaining again?

Back