Tenants being difficult

I suppose it can't hurt to get a bit more info. Doesn't mean I have to change real estate agents, although it is probably the wisest move, considering I have had these problems and a few other communication issues with this PM.

My property is based in Brookfield, in the Melton council.

Two months? And you've been doing the run around for your PM?!

Re - leak into main bedroom, I would classify this as urgent as it can cause significant damage over time especially over four months! (Just to clarify a small leak isn't classified urgent in legislation and does not need to be rectified immediately but as a form of protection to you I would certainly make this a priority just incase).

Good luck!

I also agree this is an urgent fix.

Tell your PM to issue the notices as per the legislation and also notify the tenant that if they refuse your right to have the repairs effected you reserve your rights against them for compensation as a result of any further damages that may be caused by, your words re one of the problems " one of them is a leak which is apparently leaking onto the ensuite and main bedrooms floor," . Inform them that their refusal to allow the repair work to be carried out is in breach of the legislation as well as exposing them to a potential damages claim due to their actions. It is essential that you issue the appropriate notice so that should the need arise to seek compensation you can show that you had taken all the legislative steps to have repairs effected and had endeavoured to mitigate any potential loss.

Let us know how you go with this one, ask the PM to take photos of the leak when they go to get repairs done and have them email you photos of the leak from their routine (if they didn't take any then *tsk* disapprovingly). Then ask your PM to follow up for compensation from your tenants for the additional damage caused by them not allowing access to trades. Sounds like a good thing your tenants are leaving!!!

Start shopping around for a new PM - there is no reason you shouldn't! Have a chat to a few agencies and my advice is to pick the PM you feel most comfortable dealing with as if they do their job right you will be dealing with them for several years!!

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of this one, I hope it is a good ending! (I love a happy ending :D )

Back