Tenants want to install Foxtel - ???

One of my tenants called today, asked if I allowed them to install Foxtel to the roof.

They only moved in 3 weeks and signed for a 6 month lease.

Anything advice, please:confused:.

Yeah, dont see why not, as long as you officially tell them that the wall sockets and any items on the roof are to be professionally installed and remain there, or be returned to prior condition, once they vacate.

Considered a minor alteration and unless there is something specific or different on your property with installation the tenant can apply to the tribunal.

I don't understand why you can't you refuse?

To force people to become upd to date with the times they are chossing to do BUSINESS in ? :p Why would you refuse foxtel in a normal residential house in a normal city in Australia where so many normal people have Foxte, as a normal household item ?

I know, peopel don't need foxtel to survive...

Imagine me being a commercial landlord and refusing to let my customer put in air conditioning cause I personally reckon it's not that hot, so why should they need it.

We paid for foxtel to be installed in a property a long time ago, at our cost naturally (and with permission) and when we left the landlord said the tenants who took over the lease were keen because they too wanted foxtel and it saved them money having it already installed.

Perhaps it would be make your property more attractive to some tenants when needing to re-let?

Personally we thought it was a waste of money and ended up cancelling the whole thing but I know some people who really like it!

Back