termination of PAMD form 22a contract by the agent

Hi all.. in a different situation.. and need some advice.

We signed exclusive with a agent with listing price of X. The first agent was really good, but then her boss came with her to take photos of property and said no this house is not this many bedrooms, i can only legally sell it as a 2 bedroom as its not council approved this and that, and said the listing price should be at least 100K less then what your asking etc etc. I have the council plans from 1974 showing it is legally approved as a 4 bed property with a added extension of the entertainment room and a built in closed car port as they called it. I sent this off to the agent this morning, so to say hey this is not a 2 bedroom property and it is legally approved, but now he has turned around and said he is terminating listing the property!.

The form 22a we signed had the original listing price of X on it, and the first agent signed this form. The new guy is the owner of the real estate who advised he is terminating. I guess what i need to know is, is there another form that i need to get signed to release me from the PAMD form 22a that i signed with the agent as it was exclusive for 60 days.

Can i relist with another agent now?

Thanks

I sent this off to the agent this morning, so to say hey this is not a 2 bedroom property and it is legally approved, but now he has turned around and said he is terminating listing the property!.

Thanks

I have no idea about your question, but how bizarre is this guy?
I wonder if he is threatened by this employee and trying to get rid of them?

If he is part of a larger Group, then I would let the head office know.
It seems like there must be some underlyng issue at work.

but now he has turned around and said he is terminating listing the property!.

How did he advice that he was terminating the agreement? If in writing I would have thought you are covered. Just my thoughts.

Just looking through the Form 22a it really gives no out to either party apart from

"unless you and the agent agree to a shorter notice period (but it
must not be less than 30 days)."

and this still gives 30 days notice. Seems like a typical government form that really provides no grounds for common sense - in this case an intractable disagreement with the agent.

Personally I feel you are better of without this nutter and as has been suggested report him/her to the franchise operator.

Cheers
Cheers

We signed exclusive with a agent with listing price of X. The first agent was really good, but then her boss came with her to take photos of property and said no this house is not this many bedrooms, i can only legally sell it as a 2 bedroom as its not council approved this and that, and said the listing price should be at least 100K less then what your asking etc etc. I have the council plans from 1974 showing it is legally approved as a 4 bed property with a added extension of the entertainment room and a built in closed car port as they called it. I sent this off to the agent this morning, so to say hey this is not a 2 bedroom property and it is legally approved, but now he has turned around and said he is terminating listing the property!.

The form 22a we signed had the original listing price of X on it, and the first agent signed this form. The new guy is the owner of the real estate who advised he is terminating. I guess what i need to know is, is there another form that i need to get signed to release me from the PAMD form 22a that i signed with the agent as it was exclusive for 60 days.

Thanks

is this the five bedroom (now four??) that you posted about in another thread? you said it was a bit unique and therefore hard to value.

perhaps the agent overvalued (intentionally to 'buy' the listing, or just plain wrong) it and when the boss checked it out decided everyone's time was being wasted with an unrealistic price. if the agent was 'buying' the listing that would have to be the fastest and most unusual conditioning in history.

what did other agents value it?

perhaps the rooms were approved, but not as bedrooms, but as utility rooms that are not legal height??

strange situation all round!

Not unusual to see 2 or even 1 bed houses that try and sneak in another couple of bedrooms, I would guess the issue might be that the rooms are not legal bedrooms rather than the work not being council approved, does make a difference unfortunately but there are plenty of agent's who would have no issue advertising it at how every many bedrooms you wanted.

If the property is genuinely 100k over market then they are just wasting everybody's time by taking the listing, what does the comparative value search say about the property!?

Back