Termite threat - advice

I just carried out the pest inspection on my first IP. I was on site. The inspector explained it all to me...he said it was all good....he showed me a few drill holes in front of the garage (see photo) and said he couldn't be sure what those were for...maybe a preventative measure..maybe some termite activity was detected...maybe the termite mesh was damaged. However, when I got the report, its says thet there is risk and "A perimeter chemical termite treatment including drilling of any external concrete
areas adjacent to the foundation walls and the injection of Termidor to the base of
foundation walls using Termidor" Quotation: $1,700

I could negotiate price with vendor, but the solicitor fee may be higher than what I could get, or I may miss out on the deal, and, most importantly, I don't wanna end up with the concrete full of drill holes that will show evidence and scare away future potential buyers....I understand the pest reports are usually overly conservative as the inspectors need to cover their ***...but not sure if this is or not a big deal...house is impecable and price is already good.....advice ?

Attachments

• Termite.JPG
    Termite.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 125
my guess is that the Physical barrier ( termimesh) was breached and they have done preventative work with the chemical barrier

Certainly, its something I would do to protect the place.

Termite Tattoo will scare buyers away, but nowhere near as much as the sound of mud crashing in the stud walls from the blighters

ta
rolf

Here in WA that is normal even with the mesh. The chemical treatment is recommended every 5 years. I believe this is covered under AS3660.2-2000.

Does not mean that there has been termite activity.

Many thanks for replies. This wouldn't be negotiable then, would't it ? I mean, it's not like you would negotiate reducing the balance of the deposit by $2000.
Cheers,
a.

Back