Termite treatment in Brisbane

I recently exchanged on an IP in Brisbane and while there was no current termite activity or damage, the building and inspection report stated a moderate to high risk of termite damage in the future. I'm going to have the home treated for termites-

What's the average price for a termite treatment of a house in Brisbane?

How long do they usually last?

Thanks

Was going to ask this :eek:
I need to get quotes soon, will let you know what I get. The B&P report said about $3k tho. :-(

Call Wayne at Rifle Pest Management. It is a family business now but he trained under the pest man we have used for well over 30 years. He is in his 50s and has his sons working with him. They know their stuff, don't charge stupid prices like some pest companies do... Wayne 0412 489 710

A pest inspection company that did my inspection quoted me $2200 for Termidor perimeter barrier. And $200 annually for spray and inspect. My property is in Logan though.

ZOMG, you cant spray for termites and build a barrier. What they do now it set up termite bait stations which they come around and check on a regular bases to see if there have been any food eaten by the termites. This would indicate termite activity and then they look for the termites to treat. Shop around and don't just ask the big companies as you will be charged from $700 - $3000 for bait stations to be set up and then anywhere from $0 to $200 per visit to monitor. I live in a tree lined area and touch wood, so far all I have had to do is have yearly inspections only. Inspections can cost you from $180 - $320 per year.:) I have been at my place for 28 yrs and once upon a time they where allowed to spray but the product is now illegal.

Call Wayne at Rifle Pest Management. It is a family business now but he trained under the pest man we have used for well over 30 years. He is in his 50s and has his sons working with him. They know their stuff, don't charge stupid prices like some pest companies do... Wayne 0412 489 710

Thanks Wylie, got into contact with Daniel instead, just need to arrange a visit for a quote :)

ZOMG, you cant spray for termites and build a barrier. What they do now it set up termite bait stations which they come around and check on a regular bases to see if there have been any food eaten by the termites. This would indicate termite activity and then they look for the termites to treat. Shop around and don't just ask the big companies as you will be charged from $700 - $3000 for bait stations to be set up and then anywhere from $0 to $200 per visit to monitor. I live in a tree lined area and touch wood, so far all I have had to do is have yearly inspections only. Inspections can cost you from $180 - $320 per year.:) I have been at my place for 28 yrs and once upon a time they where allowed to spray but the product is now illegal.

That's interesting. Why are they illegal? Do people make ICE out of them or something ? People still buy them and spray it the last I heard which was a month ago and the pest inspector said he would be spraying as well as installing a barrier which I assume is a perimeter chemical barrier. I would really like to know why it is illegal though so I can get back to this inspector.

It is not permitted to spray unless there is evidence off termites and you can only treat the termites only. Once upon a time they would come around and do a general spray around the property for termites as a barrier.

It is not permitted to spray unless there is evidence off termites and you can only treat the termites only. Once upon a time they would come around and do a general spray around the property for termites as a barrier.

I just got off the phone with the pest inspector and he said its ridiculous and the first time he has heard of chemical sprays and barriers being illegal. He said they would have insurance issues if it was and they would be the first to hear from insurance and chemical supply companies (eg. Termidor), and from the seminars they attend to keep up to date. He also said that Termites have been found to totally bypass bait stations hence not very effective. If on first inspection no termites are found in vicinity then there is of course no real need to treat, regular inspections would probably suffice. He also said that to install bait stations you don't have to be a licensed Pest Controller, and probably why people recommend it.

Honestly in terms of bang for buck i would take a Termidor chemical barrier with 8 year warranty anyday over bait stations, and have yearly inspections.

Dbz, I have spoken to the pest company that I use and they inform me that certain chemicals have been banned to use not all. Termidor are mainly used for slab properties and they have a tube/barrier that goes around the property but only protect the outer boundry of the slab only, unless in place before concrete poured. We had a property where the slab cracked in the family room and the termites came through the slab and entered via the timer floors. Just ensure you are covered throgh the whole property or just the boundry. As the termites dig under ground they may come up anywhere. Therefore in a high termite area maybe inspections would be wise more than once per year. Hope this clears it up.:eek:

One of the compay got back to me - he said as it's a high set building, chemical barrier is not really needed and a more cost effective approach will be to place a monitoring post and do yearly inspection (as you will need with chemical barrier anyway, to maintain it's warranty).

I asked for the quote for both options, initial setup for monitoring post is about $350 including GST, plus about $40 annual maintenance, plus treatment cost if termite is found.

Update:

Termite barrier is about $1500 plus GST, plus you still need annual inspection

Last edited:
Back