termites inspection done

hi brought a home in hillcrest and i got the pest control to do a termite inspection on the property and there are termites in the yard but not in the house. with the termites in the yard and it a resonable thing to ask the owner to treat the yard before the contract in approved

Sure

you can, get the owner to treat them or get a price reduction I have done both. I have bought properties with termites on the back fence, etc. Mind you, these deals were returning 10%-12% yields, so I could "justify" the risk...

Happy Investing
Jon Salvador
www.headinghome.com.au

I would go for the price reduction. It's something you should organise so you can ensure the job is both done properly and if the termites come back there is recourse with the pest control company.

I had some in a back yard tree and it took 3 goes to get rid of them.

there are termites in the yard but not in the house.

Hi honda02,

Put yourself in the vendor's shoes. The house is fine and there are some termites in the yard. Sure if you can negotiate the price down - so much the better but if I was the vendor with a clean bill of health on the house AND there were more buyers lined up - I'll be telling you to take it or leave it.

Like 2bw said - get it done yourself and monitor follow-up activity. There are termite tunnels for miles and miles underground in a lot of places - especialy where I live and I've bought places with active termites in fences (and had them replaced with colorbond) - don't sweat the small stuff.

Aimjoy

Back