Termites!!

I had a build and pest inspection in a property I purchased. They found a termite mud track leading up the to the timber structure of the house but no termite visible. The house hasn't had a treatment and they reckon there still could be termites in the wall and recommend a full termite treatment costing $2200.

I thought they would be able to tell me if there was live activity threw thermal imaging but her reckon you can from under the house and in the kitchen he couldn't because of the kitchen or asbestos to something.

It's a hardwood house, but I probably shouldn't take the risk of not getting it done. He said he'd do it for 1500 cash with a 7.5 yr warranty which could be an option. Does this sounds right? Any recommendations for other termite company's? Should I wait till hand over and do my own inspection and save the money if they have gone?

Cheers

Someone warranting the termites won't be back? Will they be around to honour the warranty esp if you paid cash? Is not capitalising the cost worth losing the adjustment to the cost base?

Might call some other companies and see what they reckon. I don't want to take a risk of doing my own inspection and missing something.

Doddsie, call Wayne Creed of Rifle Pest Management. He has been doing our places for years, he knows his stuff and won't muck you around.

His number is 0412 489 710. He won't try to "sell" you something you don't need and he is honest and reliable.

Doddsie, call Wayne Creed of Rifle Pest Management. He has been doing our places for years, he knows his stuff and won't muck you around.

His number is 0412 489 710. He won't try to "sell" you something you don't need and he is honest and reliable.

Wylie thanks heaps mate, will call him when I'm back in Brisbane!

Was the building and pest inspection done prior to purchasing, or had it already settled prior to inspection?

Was subject to build and pest, I negotiated 6 grand off what I had offered to compensate for the termite treatment, cutting holes and searching for termites and possibly replacing some if the frame, my gut feeling is they left to find something better but who knows, if were pine or I didn't have a shitload of builder mates which I'm lucky to have I wouldn't of accepted.

Thank you Wylie! Wayne came out and found the termites that the other so called pest inspectors couldn't. I will he getting him to treat them, good bloke and loves talking the termite talk haha

Thank you Wylie! Wayne came out and found the termites that the other so called pest inspectors couldn't. I will he getting him to treat them, good bloke and loves talking the termite talk haha

For interest, what is the cost of treating the house? A ballpark or PM if you like. I am not in the pest business, just interested in case of need.

Worded that last msg wrong, thanks for the pick up! he quoted 1200 plus gst, other bloke quoted 2200. He was very professional, learnt a few things of him and gave me a rundown on how to prevent further issues which was good/saved me paying someone else. Uses the best products, not the cheaper ones to. Wish I didn't waste my money on the other fella

Worded that last msg wrong, thanks for the pick up! he quoted 1200 plus gst, other bloke quoted 2200. He was very professional, learnt a few things of him and gave me a rundown on how to prevent further issues which was good/saved me paying someone else. Uses the best products, not the cheaper ones to. Wish I didn't waste my money on the other fella

That's good news. I just had a similar experience in Perth. I had a re-inspection last week and all termite are now gone. It was recommended I have yearly inspections for next couple of years to make sure all clear. http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95009&highlight=Termite

Thank you.

Back