Terrorist attack

Terrorist attack going down right now in art in place Sydney. Hostages holding Isis flags threatened to have throats slit.

Bomb found at opera house. City is in lock down

Stay safe everyone

I think it's only one bloke and nobody would know what the threats are.

It's not an IS flag.

And the city is not in lock down. I am in the middle of the city and everybody is going about their business. Most people would not even know there is anything happening in Martin Place.

That is a relief.

There is another thread under "Barbaric" perhaps the mods could move this over to the other as relates to same issue and been a long standing thread.

That is a relief.

There is another thread under "Barbaric" perhaps the mods could move this over to the other as relates to same issue and been a long standing thread.

Agree. We should be terrified and huddling together in just one thread. I was going to order a pizza for lunch but am frightened that the delivery driver will have a bomb under is funny white dress or turban. I'm having baked beans on toast instead.

Agree. We should be terrified and huddling together in just one thread. I was going to order a pizza for lunch but am frightened that the delivery driver will have a bomb under is funny white dress or turban. I'm having baked beans on toast instead.

So what do you agree with?? I don't do pizza when the world is falling apart, I do donuts:p

Took me a while to get to my project site. Trains have been shut down and quite a few streets are closed off.

From what I gather, it is just an idiot with a shotgun, it's been blown out of proportion with media paranoia.

Prayers are with the hostages.

it is just an idiot with a shotgun, it's been blown out of proportion with media paranoia.

Prayers are with the hostages.
Yeah, and the Lee Rigby murderers were just "two idiots with knives". If you can't see this is a big news story you are being willfully ignorant.

Trains have been shut down and quite a few streets are closed off.

The trains have not been shut down. The Cityrail website is showing only a problem with the Bondi line - trains not stopping at Martin Place station. All other lines are fine.

I just walked past Townhall station when I went out to get something to eat and there are people coming and going as usual.

I had a wander on George Street and it's like a Sunday - not much traffic and plenty of shoppers and tourists wandering around.

Some businesses around Martin Place have closed up, but from the look of things some of those worked might be in the pub across the road from my office - it's doing a good trade for a Monday.

I wonder if it wasn't such a perfect day whether there would be so many people keen to get out of the city.

I recon we should stop broadcasting these kind of events. Media should play it down. Those idiots mainly want the publicity. Why give that to them.

Yeah, and the Lee Rigby murderers were just "two idiots with knives". If you can't see this is a big news story you are being willfully ignorant.

Were the Lee Rigby murders linked to a greater evil that will come and wipe out Australia as we know it? There is a lot of misinformation going around. Eg, this incident being linked to IS.

One of the worst things to do is give this so much media attention it ignites racial hatred (which it has in the past). Now that will create divides within the Australian community and push more outcasts towards radical causes on either side.

The best is to call it for what it really is. 1 looney holding hostages. I'd like to think Australians are smart enough to decipher media propaganda from fact, the sad truth is, a great majority love to buy into doom and gloom. That is the real danger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Australia

Were the Lee Rigby murders linked to a greater evil that will come and wipe out Australia as we know it?
I have only been following this via a few web sites (smh etc.) so maybe I missed something but I haven't seen anyone get that dramatic.

There is a lot of misinformation going around. Eg, this incident being linked to IS.
The reports I have read clearly state that no one knows if this is a terrorist attack on not.

One of the worst things to do is give this so much media attention it ignites racial hatred (which it has in the past). Now that will create divides within the Australian community and push more outcasts towards radical causes on either side.
Sure, the reporting should be responsible and like I said above this is what I am seeing on the web sites I've been looking at but you can't expect the media to play down this story.

The best is to call it for what it really is. 1 looney holding hostages.
Is that what it is? How can you know that at the moment. It maybe and then it maybe not. I can't see how you can "call it" at the moment at all.

I'd like to think Australians are smart enough to decipher media propaganda from fact, the sad truth is, a great majority love to buy into doom and gloom. That is the real danger.
I haven't seen any propaganda so far.

Back