Terrorist attack

Were the Lee Rigby murders linked to a greater evil that will come and wipe out Australia as we know it? There is a lot of misinformation going around. Eg, this incident being linked to IS.

One of the worst things to do is give this so much media attention it ignites racial hatred (which it has in the past). Now that will create divides within the Australian community and push more outcasts towards radical causes on either side.

The best is to call it for what it really is. 1 looney holding hostages. I'd like to think Australians are smart enough to decipher media propaganda from fact, the sad truth is, a great majority love to buy into doom and gloom. That is the real danger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Australia

Racial hatred does not need to be ignited in this country as it has existed for many, many years.
Australians are smart and to my knowledge "Live" coverage of an event is hardly propaganda!

I don't believe Australians are smart as a whole.

Some are, many aren't.

Work out what we know about today's events. There has been a lot more speculation in the press and social media.

So far we know one man has taken a number of people hostage in a CBD cafe. He has a flag with an Islamic quote on it.

One rail station has been closed and a small area evacuated and cordoned off.

Journalists report to sell advertising.

Reactions: nhg
I have only been following this via a few web sites (smh etc.) so maybe I missed something but I haven't seen anyone get that dramatic.

The reports I have read clearly state that no one knows if this is a terrorist attack on not.

Sure, the reporting should be responsible and like I said above this is what I am seeing on the web sites I've been looking at but you can't expect the media to play down this story.

Is that what it is? How can you know that at the moment. It maybe and then it maybe not. I can't see how you can "call it" at the moment at all.

I haven't seen any propaganda so far.

eg

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-...over/6936a399-368e-485c-a180-6e5e9f9734b3.htm

meanwhile in todays less reported news. treasures mid year and fiscal outlook states biggest loss in trade in 50 years.

Attachments

• B43dUioCEAA2tfK.jpg
    B43dUioCEAA2tfK.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I don't believe Australians are smart as a whole.

Some are, many aren't.

Work out what we know about today's events. There has been a lot more speculation in the press and social media.

So far we know one man has taken a number of people hostage in a CBD cafe. He has a flag with an Islamic quote on it.

One rail station has been closed and a small area evacuated and cordoned off.

Journalists report to sell advertising.

I agree.

Everyone in my office has been doing nothing but refreshing news.com.au and having borderline discriminatory conversations around the situation

People are asking why we protect terrorists and should just deport any suspects (re: the guy that got arrested in Beecroft this morning)

People were afraid to go home via public transport with the fear of a bomb attack during peak hour

One (older) lady proclaimed she fears what Australia has become

...and all this coming from an office of well educated, middle aged adult professionals.

Most people in Australia are sheep and not smart at all.

Of course you are just speculating that there is nothing to fear from Islamic terrorism in the future? And you are entitled to do that. Lets just hope you are right eh?

As far as I'm concerned it's all a bit different. People who want to die and take as many as they can with them in the belief that there is a ridiculous reward coming. Virgins and orgies and whatever?

What's happened today shows me that the people in power believe it really is a bit different. There is something to worry about.

See ya's.

One (older) lady proclaimed she fears what Australia has become

...and all this coming from an office of well educated, middle aged adult professionals.

Really?

How about you put yourself in their shoes and get on that bus/train out of the city.

This country has become a melting pot of way too many cultures, cultures that traditionally clash big time.

The answer I dont know, but it seems the law can only do so much to stop/prevent this sort of thing.

Right now the radical islamists are running wild and being let to do so to a certain extent.

This is just one incident where they will take advantage of that and milk it for all their weird,wacky and sick ways.

Sorry but that's how I feel. Call me whatever you like but Im being honest and not trying to squirm my way into having others think Im some touchy feely, the who world loves us thing.

Of course you are just speculating that there is nothing to fear from Islamic terrorism in the future? And you are entitled to do that. Lets just hope you are right eh?

See ya's.

No I am not speculating this at all. In fact, I am certain a REAL Islamic terrorist attack is more than likely to happen in Australia. Its simply a question of when.

But contrary to what the media of Australia is portraying, and the brainless sheep who hang off their every word is believing, this current situation is not CURRENTLY an Islamic terrorist attack.

Really?

How about you put yourself in their shoes and get on that bus/train out of the city.

This country has become a melting pot of way too many cultures, cultures that traditionally clash big time.

The answer I dont know, but it seems the law can only do so much to stop/prevent this sort of thing.

Right now the radical islamists are running wild and being let to do so to a certain extent.

This is just one incident where they will take advantage of that and milk it for all their weird,wacky and sick ways.

Sorry but that's how I feel. Call me whatever you like but Im being honest and not trying to squirm my way into having others think Im some touchy feely, the who world loves us thing.

I just caught a train from Central to Epping and am here to tell the tale.

No I am not speculating this at all. In fact, I am certain a REAL Islamic terrorist attack is more than likely to happen in Australia. Its simply a question of when.

But contrary to what the media of Australia is portraying, and the brainless sheep who hang off their every word is believing, this current situation is not CURRENTLY an Islamic terrorist attack.

What!!!!!

The flag being held up by force in the window means nothing????

Its terrifying no????

If this is not an Islamic fruitcake, then what was the point of the flag? You may feel a little differently if you were still in that cafe, held as a hostage.

Newbieatlife perhaps you missed the part where the hostage was making hand gestures across her throat as if a throat would be slit. I was only repeating what I had seen on the news that was live.

I'm sure the hostages would be relieved to know, that this wasn't a REAL terrorist attack.
They can sleep easier tonight...assuming they make it home.

All clear in the Druitt.

Westfields still there.

Deadbeats walking around aimlessly.

Everything normal so far.

I'll give an update in afew hours.

If this is not an Islamic fruitcake, then what was the point of the flag? You may feel a little differently if you were still in that cafe, held as a hostage.

what about the captives? Ofcourse they are scared and I wish them nothing but that they will all come out of this unscathed...

All i am saying is this is not currently an Islamic terrorist attack...unless you can explain otherwise? Does the black standard flag prove that this is Islamic terrorism?

because all i can see is a hostage situation where nobody has been injured or killed in almost 10 hours....who knows, maybe he just wants a million bucks??

anyway...clearly I am talking to some of the people in my office. I think I'll stop arguing now.

Back