Terrorist attack

Racial hatred does not need to be ignited in this country as it has existed for many, many years.
Australians are smart and to my knowledge "Live" coverage of an event is hardly propaganda!
The live coverage I saw was just an anchorman asking a journo a lot of questions he couldn't possibly know the answers to and the journo making up answers. A great big pile of propaganda. Who needs terrorists to create fear when the media does a great job anyway.

Why argue with you, you clearly dont think this is terrifying.

You live out in the bush. You have absolutely no reason to be terrified. Of course the people in the caf? have every reason to be terrified, but why should anyone else? That just gives the terrorists exactly what they want

If we don't play their game, they cant win.

The live coverage I saw was just an anchorman asking a journo a lot of questions he couldn't possibly know the answers to and the journo making up answers. A great big pile of propaganda. Who needs terrorists to create fear when the media does a great job anyway.

So the hostages that fled the cafe were they an optical illusion? Sure the media beats it up, but I still consider this to be a very serious situation.

So the hostages that fled the cafe were they an optical illusion? Sure the media beats it up, but I still consider this to be a very serious situation.

Not enough for 'live' coverage to replace The Big Bang Theory.

Live coverage my **** - there's nothing to cover. "Nothing's changed, we'll now cross live to scene to discover nothings changed"

Well, I'm just hoping that firstly everyone gets out of this situation alive and well...

and the perpetrator is brought to justice or receives the appropriate medical help for his mental illness, whichever is appropriate...

Was down there this morning, food court we were going to in martin place was closed but had a sticky beak. Blue tape was quite close to the cafe but out of line of sight. Weird walking around the city with no cars, just cross the road anywhere.

Hopefully it will end well and will not be classified as a terrorist attack.

Agree. We should be terrified and huddling together in just one thread. I was going to order a pizza for lunch but am frightened that the delivery driver will have a bomb under is funny white dress or turban. I'm having baked beans on toast instead.
I would offer to huddle with you in fear, but baked beans? I'm finding someone else to huddle with

Yeah, and the Lee Rigby murderers were just "two idiots with knives". If you can't see this is a big news story you are being willfully ignorant.
That's exactly what it was... idiots who were looking for an excuse.

I recon we should stop broadcasting these kind of events. Media should play it down. Those idiots mainly want the publicity. Why give that to them.
I wish. I don't mind informational news reports, but 24/7 coverage of nothing is pathetic and unhelpful.

All clear in the Druitt.

Westfields still there.

Deadbeats walking around aimlessly.

Everything normal so far.

I'll give an update in afew hours.
Don't keep us in suspense, is the KFC still open?

All over now. One crazy guy in trouble with the law already and spurned by the Muslim community. Nothing to do with terrorism.

and the perpetrator is brought to justice or receives the appropriate medical help for his mental illness, whichever is appropriate...

Appropriate medical help for his mental illness? The genuinely mentally ill in Australia cant get any medial help, why waste it on someone hold up in a shop with a group of people and a bloody big gun? People out with guns or knives in public are criminals, treat them as such.

And please don't tell me I'm being insensitive. I live in a family and work in a profession where there is plenty of mental illnesses to keep me occupied, thanks. I got over all the emotion a long time ago.

Nothing to do with terrorism.

That must be a fine line.....

In the international community, terrorism has no legally binding, criminal law definition. Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians)

See: Terrorism

Terrorist or not, all those isolated maniacs who aren't part of some bigger organisation now have a blueprint for how to martyr themselves (and others) with little more than a shotgun (based on reports) so as to attain maximum coverage both themselves and whatever misguided belief system they hold.

My thoughts are with the victims of this terrible crime, their loved ones, and the security, police and medical personnel involved.

Last edited:
Mr Conditsis represented Monis last year when he was charged with being accessory to the murder of ex-wife Noleen Hayson Pal, who was stabbed and set alight outside a western Sydney unit.

One of the big questions that will be asked is why is someone who was charged with that sort of crime was out on bail .

Cliff

Botched, botched ,botched

Botched on so many levels that I can't believe it. Botched from start to finish. Totally botched. The Sirrocues guy from RMIT on the ABC was the only talking head to tell the darn truth. It was botched and badly botched. Two innocent people lost their lives because of the incompetence displayed before our very eyes. BOTCHED ..
LL

Back