Terrorist attack

Abbot has just confirmed that despite all the gunman's form, his internet presence etc plus he was well known to ASIO ....he wasn't even on any terrorist watch list. The incompetence is even worse than I thought. Unbelievable. LL

Abbott has been incompetent since the day he was elected, this is just another example.

Looks like Mom knew more than Asio etc .....

Ok ..Ok ... English is not perhaps her first langauge, but sentiment is clear !!!
ASIO , AFP etc etc should have checked with Mama !! LL

His mother, Momina Khalik, who also lives in California, said Monis should have been in custody.

?y the first place they let him free on the sydney streets they should have let him rot in the jail his a f****n sick animal [sic],? she posted.
Unquote

Unbelievable...uninformed comments?

It's LL's opinion on what should have been done.

You sticking up for the majority in this issue but minorities on other issues makes you just as bad as you make LL out to be.

Sheeple. :rolleyes:

Improvements come from differing opinions put forward, not shut down by hypocrites.

I'm just saying I disagree with his POV until I see some evidence that the police should have done something different with the information available to them at the time. No-one is shutting anything down.

If we go around believing that everything we are told by anyone is a lie, then quite literally anything could be true and we can't discuss anything on those terms. Lets just see what the hostages have to say before drawing any conclusions.

As to the other questions raised about access to firearms, lack of surveillance and being out on bail, I am equally concerned.

Fair enough, thats your right to disagree HE. No probs.

And I agree, the hostages are the ones that count.

Ive only ever put myself in their shoes.

But at the same time, cant help but to support any discussion on how to improve these outcomes. Critisism and praise work better than praise alone.
IMO

mute point, but did this guy have a job?

it seems he was in court day in day out, protesting this and that , and preaching stuff all teh time

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that he was on a disability pension. I'm speculating of course, as per usual, just going on statistics that's all.

See ya's.

What statistics would those be?

Ah, stats like this,

From the Australian Government. Statistical paper number 9
https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-dep...me?HTML=#sec_1

In 2010, there was 11,515 Lebanon born Australians receiving a disability pension. From, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 90,030 Lebanon born Australians. So one in eight is on a disability pension. Of course, of the 90 thousand, there would be a major portion of school age or too old to work, so it would be more like one in 5.

Or just general news worthy articles,..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...558635258?nk=becc38b3fd01a5929227aef47bda4bcc

Oh dear, poor Omar!

Or just my observation that many of the nutjobs who went overseas to fight for ISIS were on disability pensions.

Other than that I have nothing?

See ya's.

So why are you posting stats about lebanese refugees?

The Bureau of Statistics are very careful of info they release. They have to stay as PC as possible. The stats about Lebanese only made the headlines as they made the top 5. I'd love to see how Iranians, Iraqis, and Afghans fared in the official stats about disability pensions, but I'm unlikely to find the info I'd reckon? It's all top secret.

See ya's.

Ah, stats like this,

From the Australian Government. Statistical paper number 9
https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-dep...me?HTML=#sec_1

In 2010, there was 11,515 Lebanon born Australians receiving a disability pension. From, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 90,030 Lebanon born Australians. So one in eight is on a disability pension. Of course, of the 90 thousand, there would be a major portion of school age or too old to work, so it would be more like one in 5.

Just checked the link. It's been taken down too. It was there a few days ago? Some public servant is gunna be in trouble over releasing that info. I bet it got taken down today?

See ya's.

Just checked the link. It's been taken down too. It was there a few days ago? Some public servant is gunna be in trouble over releasing that info. I bet it got taken down today?
Nonsense, it's just a dead link. None of this is "top secret"; it's the opposite, it's public information that's frequently published.

Here's one of many live links: https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/publications-articles/research-publications/statistical-paper-series/statistical-paper-no-9-income?HTML

Back