Thank you.

Hey guys,

Just want to say that I appreciate all the content and knowledge you guys are sharing everyday for nothing in return. I currently work 4 days on 4 days off shift work and on my days off I am in the process of learning to become a broker (currently doing back end stuff as I have no experience in the industry).

Although I don't contribute very often (as I don't feel I have too much to contribute as of yet), everyday I read the finance section of the forum and there is bound to be at least one nugget of gold in terms of wisdom/advice.

So I would just like to say thank you and I appreciate you guys giving out advice day in day out. In particular,

-Rolf
-Jamie
-Peter
-Marty
-Terry
-Corey
-Redom

and a few others I'm sure I've forgotten!

Just want to say that I appreciate all the content and knowledge you guys are sharing everyday for nothing in return.

LOL

Although I feel by and large the brokers do give a lot of good solid advice don't be fooled into thinking it is all for nothing. Those guys drum up a lot of business out of this place. Think of what they do as an "infomercial"

LOL

Although I feel by and large the brokers do give a lot of good solid advice don't be fooled into thinking it is all for nothing. Those guys drum up a lot of business out of this place. Think of what they do as an "infomercial"

Haha. Yes, I understand that they do get clients out of it but for someone like me who is here purely to learn the in's and out's of broking it is indeed for nothing. ;)

Paul (PFI) has lots of good finance-related posts too - though I guess your list is mainly brokers but I still thought it was worth a mention :)

LOL

I think brokers mentioned in original post (and some other people like Paul from PFI, darryl from RPI, terry, aaron, aron sice etc comes to mind) are doing great service to public via this forum. They are not asking for anythin in return for their advice. There are many great contributors on this forum who does provide benefit of their knowledge without any expectation of return. In that process, if someone likes their knowledge and way of working and they contact them, i consider that as byproduct of their good work.

I just find that considering their contribution as infomercial is bit of devaluing their contribution specially when they are taking initiative and without any expectation. Client they get as result of their contribution is because people like them for their knowledge, approach to their issues etc.

I will be always indebted to these people who provide selfless service to forum members and share their knowledge.

I think brokers mentioned in original post (and some other people like Paul from PFI, darryl from RPI, terry, aaron, aron sice etc comes to mind) are doing great service to public via this forum. They are not asking for anythin in return for their advice. There are many great contributors on this forum who does provide benefit of their knowledge without any expectation of return. In that process, if someone likes their knowledge and way of working and they contact them, i consider that as byproduct of their good work.

I just find that considering their contribution as infomercial is bit of devaluing their contribution specially when they are taking initiative and without any expectation. Client they get as result of their contribution is because people like them for their knowledge, approach to their issues etc.

I will be always indebted to these people who provide selfless service to forum members and share their knowledge.

I think it's great that they contribute and the place is better as a whole because of it but don't delude yourself that they are just here out of the goodness of their heart alone. Some of the people you listed and in the first post have pm'd me offering their services for example.

If they are just here for good will and nothing more why do they need their business in their sig? How many people not selling something have a picture of themselves as their profile pic? I don't blame them, if I was in their line of work I would drum up business on the side here too!

So I would just like to say thank you and I appreciate you guys giving out advice day in day out. In particular,

-Rolf
-Jamie
-Peter
-Marty
-Terry
-Corey
-Redom

and a few others I'm sure I've forgotten!

Gratitude is always attractive. I have learned a lot from these guys and all the others too.

Of course comments re business owners will be made about infomercials etc etc. I think the difference is that real value is being delivered free of charge or obligation. They are not just describing their latest nutribullet loan, they give enough information that someone can benefit whether becoming a customer or not. For me I have been a publicly outed BA on SS for a while (and yes I do get calls from people who have seen my posts on here) but I have been an investor and a member since 03, long before I ever knew I wanted to even be a BA. The quality of participant here is amazing.

I echo the sentiment, Thanks all.

Gratitude is always attractive. I have learned a lot from these guys and all the others too.

Of course comments re business owners will be made about infomercials etc etc. I think the difference is that real value is being delivered free of charge or obligation. They are not just describing their latest nutribullet loan, they give enough information that someone can benefit whether becoming a customer or not. For me I have been a publicly outed BA on SS for a while (and yes I do get calls from people who have seen my posts on here) but I have been an investor and a member since 03, long before I ever knew I wanted to even be a BA. The quality of participant here is amazing.

I echo the sentiment, Thanks all.

My thoughts exactly, and as mentioned earlier if business is derived from this then good on them.

I won't deny having a business motive for being here, but like most of the brokers mentioned, I was here as a property investor long before I became a broker. You could say I've got this site to thank for leading me to start my business. It's a great property resource and I still learn things here all the time too. :)

I think it's great that they contribute and the place is better as a whole because of it but don't delude yourself that they are just here out of the goodness of their heart alone. Some of the people you listed and in the first post have pm'd me offering their services for example.

Having been a member for several years, not once have i received PM/emails from anyone in that list (brokers, planners, etc) that I have not initiated myself.

Considering you've been a member since Jul 2014, i call BS.

These guys post here to help. Whether people choose to use them or not, it doesn't change whether they post here. Its lead generation via goodwill. Not everything (or everyone) needs to have a 1:1 ratio return.

Well said OP, its so great to be interacting with people who have been in the business for 10+ years, even if just indirectly.

I just want to agree with miximitosis. I've been a long time lurker on SS and only recently jumped in with both feet.

I spent over a year reading old posts on here to kick-start my education and the regulars have created a fantastic resource for others to draw on. When I was ready I did reach out to one of the brokers here and had a smooth experience (thanks Terry!).

A lot of financial advisers and brokers are good salespeople and nothing else - but reading posts here shows potential clients that these people know what they are talking about...and are planning for clients long term interests

and that is comforting for people getting started on their journey.

I won't deny having a business motive for being here, but like most of the brokers mentioned, I was here as a property investor long before I became a broker. You could say I've got this site to thank for leading me to start my business. It's a great property resource and I still learn things here all the time too. :)

Same.

I've been posting on here as an investor before becoming a broker.

I've never told anyone to call me - and I'd never PM or directly approach anyone.

If someone from SS calls me - awesome, I'll help them where I can. They usually end up being great clients.

For those that are sick of broker responses - there should be a way of blocking our posts.

Cheers

Jamie

Back