The Biggest Loser - Somersoft Challenge

lost 400g... not bad considering it is my birthday week and lots of generous friends taking me out. :p Very blessed.

But have been excercising twice per day to try and off set it..... stride, stride, stride.

Last edited:
the biggest loser

Hi ,I just found this thread & am up for the challenge.I need to lose 8 kilos

Height 165cm
Age 43
Weight 73
Goal weight 65

My plan is to walk the dog everynight for 1 hour .
I wiil let you know my progress next week .

Thanks Postie

What's the 'Aussie Biggest Looser'? I gather it's something about loosing weight.....from the replies. Why on earth would anyone watch a TV show about people loosing weight?

Sorry, I don't watch much TV at all (excuse the ignorance)
Annie

I've been weighing myself every morning (yesterday & today) as soon as I get up (with same pajamas to keep consistency) and I've lost 0.8kg in 24 hours. I do admit that I was eating late into the night three days in a row and was gaining about 0.2kg a day, but one night of simple dinner made me lose 0.8kg....how interesting...

Here is the latest update. Haven't had too many people get back to me today with thier weigh in but that is ok.

Here is the updated spreadsheet

contact me on [email protected]

cheers,

GG

Attachments

• Biggest Loser Challenge.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 104
Gah! the day prior to recording my weight I was 300gm less than on the day I had to record my weight for the spreadsheet..... cosmic joke methinks....:eek:

{this is intended as humorous....thought others may relate}

Last edited:
Almost. Granted it is a homonym so points there. :D

But more like "Gah!" as in............

*hits forehead*

*looks to sky*

*shakes fist*

*sighs deeply*

*puts chin in hand*

{The above of course has nothing to do with the 300gms.... it is just a jokey explanation of what people mean when they use 'gah' online. I have seen it used elsewhere and purloined its usage. Meant to be lighthearted.}

Last edited:
Ok, I actually started my diet Tuesday Morning.

Start weight 112kg.As of today I am 3kg down.

FYI I have taken up the Cohen Progrm as recommended by Kristine and Asy.

GG do you think we could insert a screen shot of the table on the thread here?

Peter 14.7

Prior to hols in Feb, I was 84kgs. After loads of walking, I came home on 17th Feb and weighed 80kg.
I've tried to keep up the exercise and on 1st March I weighed 79kg.
My diet hasn't really altered, just the exercise. I will be just happy if I can keep my weight at 79kg. It's been years since I weighed that amount. :)

Good on yer Brenda...every step counts.

I was thinking about how many calories gets burned doing investments and renos, and thought it might be interesting to put up a few as incentives for the dieting investor-renovators:

Activity Calories Burned
Searching REA.com.au Not too many

Looking at an open home Maybe 10 or so walking around
and poking in cupboards
Walking upstairs instead of taking
the lift, maybe 5 per flight

Parking 1 Klm from the open home 160 calories if you run there &
back

Jumping up and down for 1 hour trying 3500 calories
to negotiate a decent price with REA

Vaccumming a carpet for 40 mins 200 calories

1-hour of painting/removing wallpaper 317 calories each activity

30 mins mowing the lawn 194 calories

Sanding a floor for 1-hour 420 calories

1-hour cleaning windows 300 calories

So it all adds up....moral of the story....if you want to lose weight via exercise...get into property investing and renovating!:D

Sailor,

Maybe its time to open up your own "mobile gym". People can pay you to come and workout in your fully decked out gym (un-renovated property) :D In return, they get to burn off some calories :D

Good work Brenda and Peter, keep it up!

My mum started the Cohen's diet about 3.5 weeks and has dropped about 9kg so far.

Ozi

Sailor,

Maybe its time to open up your own "mobile gym". People can pay you to come and workout in your fully decked out gym (un-renovated property) :D In return, they get to burn off some calories :D
Ozi
Great idea...thanks! Mobile gym is a tax deduction...renovations add value to property! Mmmmm....I think we have something here!:)

Back