THE BLOCK - Chris and Jennas apartment for sale

In all honesty the results of $1.9m or $1.39m are pretty good for apartments.

With all the hype I had thought that these would go for a lot more given they included all the furniture but now looking back these results aren't too bad. Considering the building still looks like an office block and is on busy High Street, a main road in Prahran and stuck between a carwash, a church and another office block.

The comment about people with kids not wanting to live in Prahran is not true. There are plenty of young professionals with children under 10 living in the area but they aren't looking to live in a multi-floor apartment with no garden. They would rather invest their $2m+ in a large home with land.

I was under the impression you could only have one vendor bid - but that must be NSW.

I was wondering about this too?

Are the rules different in VIC?

Vendor bids would work in favour of the vendor then. It's like legalised dummy bidding because the owner can keep bumping up the bids in their favour.

I was wondering about this too?

Are the rules different in VIC?

Vendor bids would work in favour of the vendor then. It's like legalised dummy bidding because the owner can keep bumping up the bids in their favour.

I recall when I went to a few auctions a few years ago in the same area, the auctioneer specifically said he is legally only allowed to place onevendor bid

However I haven't heard any other agent say that for a long time

Maybe the rules have changed

In vic agent can place as many vendor bids as they like (below reserve of course), as long as they announce it as a vendor bid.

Most agencies will only use one though as it is a poor look doing more than one.

Back