the block

nope - too blue. you need a deeper, warmer grey ... or perhaps a cool beige.

dulux beige royale looks really good with timber.

hang in there - it's what sample pots are for. i tried about 4 pots of colour before changing my direction from a warm grey, to cool beige, for the last reno and it worked.

sometimes it helps to ask the person at the paint counter about what you are trying to achieve - if you get the right person they can be a font of information and ideas

Sample pots

Despite the price fo sample pots being very expensive, if you don't know what colours to go with then they can save a lot in the long run, however if you plan on renovating mulptiple properties then it really will save a lot of time, money and effort to pick your (neutral) colours and then reuse the same colour scheme on every property that you can. This way you can buy the paint in bulk (save $$$ there) and if there's any left overs, just hang onto it until the next property (save $$$ there).
Amanda

Yeap running back for some more sample pots.
I think Mr Lamingtons and I are shockingly bad at visualising colours.
Plus the cards always looks different from when you paint them on the wall.

I liked the two "old" carpenters. Loved the roof.

Didn't like the Chez doors.

Hee hee, it looked as though the 'Belle' magazine guys hated the Chez doors too! Very funny, as she had described them as her 'secret weapon'.

They seem like a lovely couple, the ones that won. I do have a soft spot for the tradies though...am quietly rooting for them (sorry for the Americanism)

Am I the only one that wants to slap Chez? :D

Liked the kiddies b/room...just lacked a bit of panache

Cool - thanks for the reality check - wondered if I was just being a *****. She's a nice gal but I feel sorry for her partner as he seems to do all the actual work.

For the record, I think the 2 ol' guys should've won as they did the most daring structural work.

I think the producers deliberatly chose Chez because she is what she is! But gee, dosen't she think she's "It and a bit"? The editing will not be kind to her.

I can't even remember what their room looked like (aside from the doors! Can't erase them from memory!)

I'm LOVIN watching others suffer from sleep deprivation! Anyone who's cared for a baby under the age of 6mths for any great length (and particularly breast feeding newborns) has had it MUCH worse. Insert smiley devil face here

I think the producers deliberatly chose Chez because she is what she is! But gee, dosen't she think she's "It and a bit"? The editing will not be kind to her.

I think you're spot on here. I've spoken to one of the contestants on the show who has said she is actually a nice person who does as much hard yakka as anyone else on the show - the producers have just highlighted all the footage that makes you want to hate her.

These shows are just visual garbage.
But they do serve a good purpose in that they bring fresh starry eyed noobs to the market for a nice fleecing.

I think you're spot on here. I've spoken to one of the contestants on the show who has said she is actually a nice person who does as much hard yakka as anyone else on the show - the producers have just highlighted all the footage that makes you want to hate her.

That is often the whole point of these shows - to depict people in a way the directors choose.

There was a story about "Big Brother" where a guy was depicted in such a negative way that friends rallied and threatened legal action unless a fairer range of scenes were shown. Apparently the threat worked and the footage shown was less nasty.
Marg

loved jake and erin's room again as a full-on office - but thought the two blokes should've win, purely because they went to such a huge effort to improve.

I had to laugh when Chez said that she was working all day then coming back and renovating half the night and that NO-ONE really does that.

She obviously hasn't seen me the last month (doing exactly that).

But not anymore :D:D Finished.

I liked both the winners and the guys rooms this week. So I'm glad one of my picks got the money. Can someone remind me, was it 15k from Reece or 5k?

I liked both the winners and the guys rooms this week. So I'm glad one of my picks got the money. Can someone remind me, was it 15k from Reece or 5k?

5k.

i also like both the winners and the blokes rooms although i think the 'study in a cupboard' is a bit of a stretch, i certainly wouldnt want to be at that desk for too long.

Really liked Mario Bros room this week - especially the ceiling!

Winners room was nice but not a winner in my eyes.

Also like the "black" room too, but as a study, seemed like a bit of a waste of space.

Can't even remember what Chez's room looked like now. ha ha

Firstly Chez chucks muck over her deck, then her partner zaps the leccy in next-door's place !! Don't these 2 think any further than their own selves??
I'm really disliking them, whether it's the editing or not. They better lift their game if they want me on their side.

Loving all the design work.

Back