The Bucket List thread

hi trippy
When you make this list, I hope the whale sharks at ningaloo WA make it to your list
you can thank me later:D
I dived with whale sharks in the Philippines (Donsol) a few years ago and rate it very highly. I just got back from a diving trip to Boracay and dived Yapak which was scary as fook. Did a negative entry from the boat and sunk like a stone, couldn't see anything on the way down until we hit 32 metres and the wall came into site with tuna everywhere. Visibility on other sites was amazing at 35-40 metres. There's also a few good ship wrecks worth diving in Subic Bay.

I don't have a formal bucket list, but I wouldn't mind crossing off "win $1 mil+ lottery"
Other than than..I just take life as it comes.

But that doesn't require personal endeavor or provide any sense of achievement.

What counts in life are the things that stay behind.

If I go travelling I have a great time- and it stops there.

If I raise kids who turn out well, I've left behind something of value in the world, something that stays long after I've gone.

I think if you actively work off a list you are more inclined to actually have experiences you would not have had if they were not listed. My list should include events or tasks I would not normally consider (or chance upon). Once the kids are established it's then MY time ;)

I actively buy the tickets :)

I'm just a laid back type of person I guess.

I'm not having a dig here but I seriously don't understand... you're a self proclaimed tight ar*e where I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you told me you recycle your own toilet paper, yet you buy lottery tickets where your chances of winning anything substantial are less likely than being stuck by lightning.

Why?

I'm not having a dig here but I seriously don't understand... you're a self proclaimed tight ar*e where I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you told me you recycle your own toilet paper, yet you buy lottery tickets where your chances of winning anything substantial are less likely than being stuck by lightning.

Why?

we are frugal, not tightarse, our wants are small, we have the ability to satisfy them,
except occassionally we have a huge want, and it might take a week to be delivered
but
expense V something done for fun
anything business, needs, bang for the buck, required to perform, cf cg
lottery ticket, not a business investment that requires a return, bit like most people's ip.

"If I go travelling I have a great time- and it stops there."

Really? You sound like a tourist on a hold your hand organised trip!
I have to disagree with you and say that a lot of what you see and do while travelling changes your whole life. I spent a lot of time travelling to mostly developing countries (alone), especially when I was very young, I'm fairly sure it affects your life; it wasn't and still isn't just a great time and then it stops there. When I retire, I would like to extend my travel to charity work, something like teaching disadvantaged girls in India to speak English or helping women in a village to set up small businesses. That work could leave behind positive outcomes for many families and their kids after I'm gone too.
Each to their own I guess but I value travel highly. Bit of the old adage "university of life" type thing.

I have been on the Contiki tour. But that was in the US where I already knew the culture fairly well. I once lived there for a year.

And I met my wife on that Contiki tour.

So that was life changing for me.

Thankyou Bob those images were amazing. It was cold in Iceland but NOT that cold. I had gone dressed for what Aussies think is cold :D I have never been so cold...I think it shows on my face :) ...and that was standing next to a Geysir..... Next trip I will really dress for the cold

Chris

I made the same mistake when I went to Iceland.

Attachments

• IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 63
Diving with Great Whites is on my list, minus the cage.

I've managed a few shark feeds at Osprey Reef
http://youtu.be/9zY2gX9BFxk

And a pregnant Tiger Shark in Fiji
http://youtu.be/SukbssDeI58
http://youtu.be/gFHVFZrNzYo

A 100 metre dive is also on my bucket list, I expect to make that one some time next year.

I have these on my bucket list also. Diving with a GWS without a cage would be an amazing event I think.

But I am hoping to do my 100+m dive without a tank though... :eek:

Blacky

I couldn't resist adding my bucket list, slowly ticking them off:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• laundry bucket.jpg
    laundry bucket.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 105
  • buckets of fun.jpg
    buckets of fun.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 101
  • concrete bucket.jpg
    concrete bucket.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 100
  • metal bucket.jpg
    metal bucket.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 95
  • work bucket.jpg
    work bucket.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 98
Why is everybody going for the northern lights? What's wrong with the southern lights?

Now that would be REALLY cold.

I wanted to go to Antarctica when I was younger but I don't think I could do it now.

I know the post is old but - you don't have to go to Antarctica to see the southern lights. I took this photo just two nights ago from the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart :)

Attachments

• DSC_1178.jpg
    DSC_1178.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 62
Back