The Budget is not the only thing in deficit, its confidence!

Ok, I declare that imo, the perception of the Fed government economic performance isn't as bad as most people/media tend to characterise, but the majority in opinion polls and confidence measures show we have little and progressively lesss

Ross Gittins article today, however, has hit the nail on the head (even if he is having a subtle but not veiled go at the media, business), confidence is now so low in the current government, there is almost no way back until the next election, where a change of government is almost inevitable.

where a change of government is almost inevitable.

th

Maybe this time the entire Labor Party will be able to fit into a great wall ute, after the next election,at least Qld has enough too fill a Tarago..

So we have to put up with 12 more months of the ALP It might be time to go on a 12 month overseas trip. Hopefully when we come back Gillard will be back in Wales not NSW and Swan giving his Resume to Clive Palmer.

I suppose that means the Greens would do an equally fair job at formulating policy and running the country too :confused:.

Ok, I declare that imo, the perception of the Fed government economic performance isn't as bad as most people/media tend to characterise, but the majority in opinion polls and confidence measures show we have little and progressively lesss

I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly;

Is it "the people's perception is not as bad", or

Is it "their performance is not as bad as the media characterise"?

For me, it seems to be that their performance is bad, and the media are giving the perception that they are not as bad as their performance?

But this depends on who you talk to as well.

I think Labor voters are more supportive as you would expect, and the Lib supporters.....we all know how Libs think on this.

I'll add this for consideration:

"There will be no Carbon Tax under the Govt I lead"

800 (and counting) boat people drownings/deaths since the Labs changed the policy.

$130b (and counting) of debt since taking office.

Look; I'm sure there is some good, but the bad overwhelms it.

I think the only hope of Julia having any chance of staying in power is to fix the boats immediately - none of this bloody "let's form a committee and look into it", stuff... and work very, very hard on staying away from the slanging matches, and focus very strongly on just what Labor has done which is good and for the benefit of the Country (other than the bloody CT) since she came into power.

I think the only hope of Julia having any chance of staying in power is to fix the boats immediately - none of this bloody "let's form a committee and look into it", stuff... and work very, very hard on staying away from the slanging matches, and focus very strongly on just what Labor has done which is good and for the benefit of the Country (other than the bloody CT) since she came into power.

This is typical of her 'leadership' style though, let others make decisions for her so she doesn't have to (theoretically) take responsibility for the consequences.

Carbon Tax? That was the Greens' idea!
Asylum Seekers? It is the Greens' and Tony Abbott's fault! We are having a committee to review our policy...
Militant union striking? We are reviewing the Fair Work Act, we will wait for the committee to get back on that one!
[insert any other problem here]? It's Mr Abbott's fault!

It just seems this person wants the power without the responsibility - what a hopeless leader. Of course the Left on the ABC (Insiders, Q&A, you name it) try to make excuses for her but you can't fool the other voters who are sick of such an incompetent leader.

That's what Liberal National supporters like to believe but its not true. Labor has handled the GFC and its after affects magnificently. To the extent that Swan was voted words best treasurer and we are credit rated AAA rated economy. Where most of the worlds are absolute basket cases.

Anyway, this has been done to death on here.

not as a result of skill or competence, just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

For me, it seems to be that their performance is bad, and the media are giving the perception that they are not as bad as their performance?

But this depends on who you talk to as well.

I'm not sure it depends on who you talk to at all. I think one only needs to look at official Govt ratified statistics, and make your own mind up from there, across a range of issues....but mainly economics, because that underpins everything else.

Factor.............................Howard Govt..................Rudd / Gillard Govt

C'wealth Budget Balance.....19.7 Bill surplus...............44.4 Bill deficit

Ave. CW Budget Balance.....8.1 Bill surplus.................43.5 Bill deficit

Net Govt Debt...................44.8 Bill in the black.........142.5 Bill in the red

Net Debt as a % of GDP......3.8% in the black............13.6% in the red

Net Interest Payments........1.02 Bill credit.................8.2 Billion interest ouch !!

Boat People arrivals.............133..(06/07)..................4,949..(10/11)

Immi / Detention Costs.........85 million......................1.1 Bill

Unemployment rate.............4.5% (Nov '07)...............5.2% (Now)

Spread between RBA and SVR....180 points.................315 points

Industrial disputes days lost....49,700 ('07).................241,500 ('11)

Employees striking................36,000 ('07)..................134,400 ('11)

Compulsory Student Union Fees....scrapped.................re-introduced

There is no comparison. One is competent and the other is totally incompetent.

On a whole range of (mainly economic) issues, but others as well, the Labor union hacks have proved themselves over and over again to be worse managers of the Australian economy.

They've never run a successful business, and it clearly shows.

As a nation, we should expect to be doing better than comparing ourselves to basket cases like Greece and Spain.

In my opinion, the weight of Govt published evidence, as to which party and whose ideals are better at running the country, is overwhelming.

No wonder the Labor followers have an inferior complex about themselves.

omersoft Property Investment Forums > Community > Coffee Lounge > The Budget is not t

Thanks so Much for that daz -Useful- have sent it round to a few others

I'm not sure it depends on who you talk to at all. I think one only needs to look at official Govt ratified statistics, and make your own mind up from there, across a range of issues....but mainly economics, because that underpins everything else.

Factor.............................Howard Govt..................Rudd / Gillard Govt

C'wealth Budget Balance.....19.7 Bill surplus...............44.4 Bill deficit

Ave. CW Budget Balance.....8.1 Bill surplus.................43.5 Bill deficit

Net Govt Debt...................44.8 Bill in the black.........142.5 Bill in the red

Net Debt as a % of GDP......3.8% in the black............13.6% in the red

Net Interest Payments........1.02 Bill credit.................8.2 Billion interest ouch !!

Boat People arrivals.............133..(06/07)..................4,949..(10/11)

Immi / Detention Costs.........85 million......................1.1 Bill

Unemployment rate.............4.5% (Nov '07)...............5.2% (Now)

Spread between RBA and SVR....180 points.................315 points

Industrial disputes days lost....49,700 ('07).................241,500 ('11)

Employees striking................36,000 ('07)..................134,400 ('11)

Compulsory Student Union Fees....scrapped.................re-introduced

There is no comparison. One is competent and the other is totally incompetent.

On a whole range of (mainly economic) issues, but others as well, the Labor union hacks have proved themselves over and over again to be worse managers of the Australian economy.

They've never run a successful business, and it clearly shows.

As a nation, we should expect to be doing better than comparing ourselves to basket cases like Greece and Spain.

In my opinion, the weight of Govt published evidence, as to which party and whose ideals are better at running the country, is overwhelming.

No wonder the Labor followers have an inferior complex about themselves.

But you are plainly wrong. :D

You'll be put in your place shortly, no doubt.

The Howard govt. never had to deal with the biggest financial fallout since the great depression. They passed that poisoned chalice to the incoming Labor govt just in time, before they were exposed. 'Nuff said!

That's what Liberal National supporters like to believe but its not true. Labor has handled the GFC and its after affects magnificently. To the extent that Swan was voted words best treasurer and we are credit rated AAA rated economy. Where most of the worlds are absolute basket cases.

Anyway, this has been done to death on here.

Oh come on Evand

Swan was handed the best set of financials by the real worlds best treasurer Costello.
Swan just sat back and spent.

He had no choice. He had to stimulate the economy so we wouldn't fall into recession, like the rest of the developed world.

Like i said, this topic has been done to death. Moving on.

Oh Come on Evand

Swan was handed the best set of financials by the real worlds best treasurer Costello.
Swan just sat back and spent.

He had no choice. He had to stimulate the economy so we wouldn't fall into recession, like the rest of the developed world.

Like i said, this topic has been done to death. Moving on.

so if he had no choice, what did he do that was so great? he only did what you say he had to do. Spending on anything is easy, earning the coin and making it further productive is the real skill, even down at the micro-household level.

Spending on anything is easy, earning the coin...

Common Ausprop...Labour are good at spending as well as making money. Haven't you heard of taxing the rich and productive that Labour are so good at? Seems an easy way to earn a coin.

Cheers,
Oracle.

So easy to spend money much harder to make it.

Anyone would have done it, be it Swan, Costello, Keating, Howard, a monkey or my office plant, Robert.

Looking forward to the massive deficit we'll have in this year's budget come budget time next year when this year's budget is revealed to be the farce that it is.

Back