The land of opportunity

Hi guys
Just thought I'd share my recent musings on life....

In the past 12mths I've been in Darwin I have come to realise that this place is the land of opportunity for those willing to step up to the plate. I see opportunities for businesses around town most weeks because there is so little competition and the laissez-faire attitude of the locals. I think this is because Darwin is still developing and has a relatively long way to go.

I have recently been offered the opportunity of a life time that's not available where I've lived in the rest of Australia. This is an opportunity for personal development (not financial gain) and making a real difference to one section of the community and I have to make the decision on whether I choose to step up and grab it with both hands. This means that I have to give up one thing that I love to be able to do something that I've wanted to for a long long time but never had the opportunity. So the decision is clear but it means I will be letting one group down in the short term but the rewards for me personally are potentially huge.

It will take courage and I will have to overcome my fears and preconceived ideas I have of myself - but that's what personal development is all about.

So here's to the future and may you all have the courage to take opportunities that come your way - in all aspects of your life.

When the student is ready the teacher will appear. :)

Ecogirl

Back