The Nigerian Scam.......

An email reply to [email protected]

Re: Request for information about your ad

Dear Stupid Criminal

In reply to your recent email

The consistent stupidity of criminals never ceases to amaze.
The script given in your 'how to steal money from fools and old people' course does not apply in real estate
Point to ponder
Rental homes are not shipped to your home address,

hope to read of your incarceration

landlord

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 2:57 PM
Subject: Request for information about your ad

*Important note from Merkado.ca :
Please be careful when reading e-mails from potential buyers coming from international locations, especially Ivory Coast. In fact, most of these e-mails contain fraudulent information.

[email protected] is interested in your item titled : "Furnished Mobile Home" # 1070877 posted on Merkado.ca.

Hello,
I don't mind getting the Item for the price because it worth the price and I think I am pleased with it. I will like you to know that Payment would be through a certified european cashier's cheque, the payment is also going to be including with the shippment money so as soon as you have the funds you send the balance to my shipper that will be incharge of the shipment.You will have the payment through my associate in the U.S.A. Because I do not have cash presently and would not like to loose the purchase item and also avoid delay because of the urgency in need of it. Kindly give me the
[1] your name that is going to be writting on the check
[2] your address that the check is going to be forwarded to.
[3] your phone number.
[4] your last offer.
Also you will not be in-care of the shipment to my country,
because I have a trusted International shipper that I have been
using for the past 18 years that will come for the
pick-up of the goods in your location after payment has been confirmed by you.
Please make sure you do everything to make the purchase as clean
as it was mention.any other interested parties tell
them it has been sold.
Thanks
Joseph​

HHHHHHMMMMM

what an idiot, one of the girls at work had a scam bid on her ebay, when she said they had paid Buy it Now price and said they were from Nigeria I laughed.

She was like what if they really want it, i said they do, they just don't want to pay for it.

I told her to just to play along, was so predictable, we got the emails from the fake "paypal" type website, then messages saying that we would be reported to the authorities if we did not send the item.

Was a bit of a laugh but its amazing how naive people are, although she is the type to never send something until she has the cash, amazing how people get sucked it.

The problem with these cheque scams is, you DO get a cheque, and you DO get cash in your account, then you send the item, and sometimes worse, send CHANGE from the cheque, too, and then the cheque is found to be fraudulent and the funds are removed from your account.

So, not only do you no longer have the item, but also in a lot of cases are out the amount of the 'change' you gave the 'buyer's shipping agent'.

I know because I had it happen to my Mum. Although she's not silly enough to have actually cashed the cheque, but it looked 'real', written on HSBC USA cheque, which later turned out to be fraudulent (after I got involved and passed the cheque to the appropriate people).

It was really scary.

asy :D

The problem with these cheque scams is, you DO get a cheque, and you DO get cash in your account, then you send the item, and sometimes worse, send CHANGE from the cheque, too, and then the cheque is found to be fraudulent and the funds are removed from your account.

So, not only do you no longer have the item, but also in a lot of cases are out the amount of the 'change' you gave the 'buyer's shipping agent'.

I know because I had it happen to my Mum. Although she's not silly enough to have actually cashed the cheque, but it looked 'real', written on HSBC USA cheque, which later turned out to be fraudulent (after I got involved and passed the cheque to the appropriate people).

It was really scary.

Hi Asy,

Not trying to change the topic - but did you make the final 4?!? :D , do we still need to vote everyday?!? :D It's still accepting my votes.... (I'm guessing that's a good thing? :D )

Cheers,
Jen

Hiya Jen! Thanks heaps for voting!!!

I have no idea what's happenning with the final 4, they haven't told us yet. I suspect they'll have to let us know soon, though!

Hi Asy
Of course you get a cheque,
I have tried really hard to get a scam cheque,
but they never send them to me
I could frame it.

I framed the first cheque from the small claims court, (Small Claims Amherst), because the government cheque of money collected by the Sherrif is marked SCAM 2005 something and it is in part payment for being ripped off by a tenant, so is appropriate.

Last edited:
Back