The Off Topic Thread

I was asked why cant I roll over my super fund into a SMSF?

Really? Why?

Because, it is a military pension fund. I spent 13 years in the defence force. When you join they tell you that you have less rights than civilians and so it continues when you leave.

Basically the fund is "unfunded" which means the government hasn't actually put my money in an account and is using it. The members of defence force pension funds DO NOT have the same rights as civilians. I cant do anything with it other than leave it where it is, and after you leave the defence force, they park it in a different fund that barely keeps pace with inflation. I'm going to miss out big time at retirement but there nothing I can do about it.

And I don't have enough in my civilian pension fund to buy a property in a SMSF yet. Very frustrating.

:mad:

I was asked why cant I roll over my super fund into a SMSF?

Because, it is a military pension fund. I spent 13 years in the defence force. When you join they tell you that you have less rights than civilians and so it continues when you leave.

Basically the fund is "unfunded" which means the government hasn't actually put my money in an account and is using it. The members of defence force pension funds DO NOT have the same rights as civilians. I cant do anything with it other than leave it where it is, and after you leave the defence force, they park it in a different fund that barely keeps pace with inflation. I'm going to miss out big time at retirement but there nothing I can do about it.

And I don't have enough in my civilian pension fund to buy a property in a SMSF yet. Very frustrating.

:mad:

yeah, you gotta love the way the government looks after defense personnel. They don't even contribute super at all for reservists.

While camping last week I spotted this interesting formation in a tree. Worthy of a photo I thought,.....

kriswarrahcanoeandwestkunderang0-3.jpg

See ya's.

Because, it is a military pension fund. I spent 13 years in the defence force. When you join they tell you that you have less rights than civilians and so it continues when you leave. :
Much the same as a federal government super fund except the balance does go up very nicely. I used to be with the defence research mob. Can't touch it, not to take money out, put it in, or change anything ...

How's all of your plumbing Minxy ??

Did your plumber give everything a good reaming.

I'd like to give the tenants a good .... oh never mind.

Tenant has received a report from plumber a listing all work done with a confirmation that in his opinion the tenants are the problem. Similar report from plumber b AND a report from a builder agreeing with plumbers a and b.

PM will be given notice next week - far too sympathetic to tenants every whim.

Following exit of current PM, new PM will be given all reports and told how to respond at the next hint of a complaint.

Minxy just plain ol' lost her temper with the whole bl00dy lot of them!

Basically the fund is "unfunded" which means the government hasn't actually put my money in an account and is using it.
Watch a non-government employer try and get away with this nonsense. :rolleyes: Unfunded super is an enormous issue and should be addressed by the government ASAP.

I went around today sticking "house for rent" ads up all over the place.

Don't ask me how my mind works, but when I first glanced at this for the first split second I imagined you going down your street sticking a "House for rent" sign in front of each house, to advertise each one for rent. I mean, just for fun to annoy your neighbours.

LOL not quite :p

The person who had the ads up before for the "wanted house to rent" actually got a house. Apparently it is really tiny but you can still fit two people in it.

With a few extra walls, you could modify my place to a 6 or 7 bedroom house so I think it might be a bit big for them anyway ...

Me too Steve.....having a SS member over for a spot to eat.

Yes yes, I know, there is actually someone left on the internet who I haven't ****ed off yet.

Give it time.

Kids coming over for bbq and a swim.

My idea of a lovely evening.

I'm taking the baby boy for his first swim tonight - hope he doesn't scream his head off!

It's not really his first swim, he went in last summer but was only a few months old so probably doesn't remember the joys of summer with nan in the pool.

Been working on one the properties this morning,one of the tenants young boys rode his small motor bike made in China into the loungeroom wall,straight through the internal wall,with the front forks and half the front wheel sticking out the outside fibro wall plus a power point and all the elec's wires,thank God for the trip out on the elec's box,young sparkie
cost 200 bucks,4 sheets 60 bucks,i will go back in the morning and paint the walls,at least no-one was hurt ,if it was not for them having rented from us for over 12 years now,then i would not renew the lease in a few weeks,they have only ever missed one rental payment over that time
and never complain,btw never used the insurance,that's only in place if the place is brunt down,time to go up the bottle shop and see what,s on special might lash out and buy a 6 pack and give it a real hammering..willair..

Me too Steve.....having a SS member over for a spot to eat.

Yes yes, I know, there is actually someone left on the internet who I haven't ****ed off yet.

Give it time.

thats funny , i like your posts , most taken with tongue in cheek guestures but i loose patience with idiots too!

vein-less leg is aching ... been up and down the ladder all day painting the decorative hallway/foyer ceiling and cornices.

There was an icecream truck here today!

We never get icecream trucks. Babies, apparently, LOVE soft-serve icecream.

And we had someone say our house is entirely lovely but the one problem is the toilet is too low so we decided to replace the damn thing with the spare pan and just pay her husband to do the dirty work for us.

And I've decided that the fireplace that always annoyed me somewhat is going to get plywood shelves in it, painted with the leftover black exterior paint from doing the outside trim. We used to keep a dresser in there that was almost the size of the fireplace but soot kept falling on it, so it needs sealing. The chimney above was demolished a few years back and roofed over during the reroof. Its huge. Maybe they used it to cremate people ...

Baby boy did scream his head off in the pool.

Well for about a minute and then decided it was wonderful and cried when I got him out. :D

Then ate a massive piece of watermelon, pate and biscuits, cheese, 2 olives, ALL his dinner, a bottle and fell asleep on my lap.

I hope Lizzie isn't reading this. ;)

Having grandkids is wonderful - I highly recommend it.

Mr Minx has been away all week with his work and I've discovered something... I can't sleep when he's not here.:eek:

Work has been a nightmare this past week and without having him home to 'talk out the day' it just goes around and around in my head all night.

I've got an appointment with the accountant tomorrow - I'll need a big strong cup of coffee before I get there!

Back