The Off Topic Thread

My boss, or should I say former boss is an arrogant, inconsiderate ***.

Sorry, just had to get it off my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I challenge anyone to beat this.

I go on holidays for 3 weeks. On the Friday night prior to my return, at 6.00pm I get a phone call to say my services are no longer required and not to come in on Monday morning (yes, they can do that as I was casual). Do I need to pick anything up from the office? Yes, I do. Meet me at 8.00am on Tuesday so I can collect it.

I turn up and stand around in the cold for a while then ring him up. "Oh I'm sorry" he says, "I couldn't get anyone to meet you at the office. I sent you an email yesterday to explain." I said that I didn't get an email, and would it have not been better to phone, that way I am bound to receive it. I also mention that I thought it inconsiderate that he could not get someone to let me in, as arranged, then he goes on to say how I was being "Unfair"

Now, it came as no surprise that I would be retrenched, as there really has been little work to do for some time now. I'm not overly upset by the loss of the job, as I am not in need of the money, it is just helpful for serviceability when applying for new loans. I am just majorly pi$$ed off at the way it was done, with no notice and no consideration for my time or feelings whatsoever.

My computer was being serviced, so I didn't receive any emails for a few days. When I downloaded them, I noticed that he did send me an email at 11.23PM ON THE MONDAY NIGHT beforehand, when he knows that I would have left home at 7.00 AM Tuesday to get to the office. Even if my computer WAS working, I wouldn't have checked before I left in the morning, and I was in bed before he sent it.

I am hoping Karma will jump up and bite him in the bum. On the Tuesday, he was supposed to attend a OH&S meeting at 10AM (since I was no longer there), but he was in QLD. The office is kind of like serviced offices, with a desk(s) allocated to serveral different organisations. I occupied the only one from my (sporting) organisation. It was a requirement that each organisation have someone attend this OH&S meeting to enable them to continue using the premises.

You're right Skater, he sounds like a jerk. He may not have wanted to ring you that late at night, but the least he could have done was send you an sms, and even then still call you the next morning at around 7am when he knows you would be up and getting ready to be there.

Look at the bright side, you're better off without a loser like this in your life. :)

I like my boss. :D

Now i'm gonna come in late, but this is aimed at mum haha!

Yes i don't care that the car is a '92 model, it's newer than mine, it's pink and it looks better..i want the damn car!!

I can afford it, and i want it! :p

And this is when the forum actually realises i am young..?

Haha, my old one is '90, and the A/C blew up and i need A/C it's getting too hot, and it has no power steering, etc..And it's older than me..
New one '92, has A/C and power steering, i'm getting lazy these days..but this one is at least younger than me!

Which puts me at '91, although Mum doesn't like the fact i'm 18, i'm an evil little child, but i can admit it!! :D

The bathtub test.

The Bathtub Test
During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the director how do
you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS ON, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE??

Our baby has developed a habit of wanting to take her stuffed cat for a walk around the block every evening after dinner.

We now have the blocks (in both directions) mapped out by pickable/smellable flowers and animals. There's the house with the yellow labrador pup, border collie, old kelpie who always has a football, rough collie that barks, black labrador that barks, kelpie pup who is very licky, two jack russels that are just noses under a fence, a house with 3 chickens and a very smoochy cat and today there was a ute with two rams in the back parked outside the bowling green (which was full of old people with beers playing bowls).

Fascinating stuff if you're almost 2.

Our baby has developed a habit of wanting to take her stuffed cat for a walk around the block every evening after dinner.

We now have the blocks (in both directions) mapped out by pickable/smellable flowers and animals. There's the house with the yellow labrador pup, border collie, old kelpie who always has a football, rough collie that barks, black labrador that barks, kelpie pup who is very licky, two jack russels that are just noses under a fence, a house with 3 chickens and a very smoochy cat and today there was a ute with two rams in the back parked outside the bowling green (which was full of old people with beers playing bowls).

Fascinating stuff if you're almost 2.

Now how good would it be if life was as simple as that for all of us...sounds awesome! I bet you end up with a scrunched up handful of wilted flowers by the end of each walk...lucky mummy:D. Such a lovely age...too bad they grow up hey??

Relfy, there is a movie or at least a mini series on your cute, sweet unique strong personality kids.

I laugh so much at the adventures in the desert.

The neighbours must think we are weird too ... wandering up to talk to sheep in the back of a ute .. and the fact that we are out walking a stuffed cat in the first place.

We also stop and smell the roses. The town is seriously some kind of rose display capital of the universe, most houses have dozens of them. Some smell gorgeous :) Mine were chainsawed by the bank (mortgagee sale rubbish cleanup), they are just coming back this year. I'm teaching the little one plant identification, the big one just isn't interested and always asks for the keys and runs off home without us, to watch TV.

Nards: the scrunched up, wilted flowers usually get discarded before the end of the walk - she has to drop them to pat the various puppies and kittens we pass :)

my thought for the day:

15610d1217090736-demotivator-picture-thread-numnumnum.jpg

Yes you do!!!

And you need a heater, mirror & window heaters/demistors, heated steering wheel & seats, often all on the same day :mad:

LOL! Sydney too, sometimes.

You know, I have an aquaintance who has immigrated from England. He was finding the winters hard to deal with here. I asked him why, he should be used to the cold. He said in England, winter is winter, and you dress accordingly, usually with a big overcoat, that you remove when you go inside. Most places have appropriate heating.

In Australia, you can go through all the seasons in the one day. Knowing what to wear can be deceiving, as you can dress warm in the morning, but by lunch you are hit with summer temperatures. Many places don't have appropriate heating and you just can not buy the same quality of coat for the cold that you can in England.

Back