The Off Topic Thread

Daytripping to Adelaide today to sign our lives away with the builder. Broker seems to think we're good for a loan - not sure why the general response here was that we aren't, considering there's plenty of singles here on less than us getting way bigger loans than us. Is it a family thing? The loans for all 3 houses will be a combined 3x our annual income at a combined LVR of 50% give or take - will need formal valuations and a building contract of course.

This should be fun. Never built a house before :)

Rumpled Elf - building a house, you'll have a ball: just make sure you choose a more people friendly builder then I did (ask the tradies what he is like to deal with).

For the people who celebrate it:

Have a happy Chinese New Year! :D Wishing you and your family much health and happiness this year and the next!

Middle of the night, can't sleep. Stomach ache, and hot flushes. I really want to go back to bed.

Sounds like you're pregnant, and hot flushes usually mean it's a boy, and stomach aches usually mean twins. If there are also headaches, then it's probably triplets.

Sounds like you're pregnant, and hot flushes usually mean it's a boy, and stomach aches usually mean twins. If there are also headaches, then it's probably triplets.

Pregnant? :eek: Sheesh! I'm too old for that.

Feel good today, except I'm really tired. I'm gonna have a Nana Nap in a moment.:D

Looks like Lil Skater will become Big Lil Skater :D

No chance of that.:D

I might miss Lil, but I don't want to go do that again. Not now, anyway. It's now time for Hubby & I to do stuff WITHOUT the kids. In saying that, I wouldn't mind some Grandkids, but that can wait for quite a few years. I'm pretty sure neither Lil or her sister are ready for that yet.

just make sure you choose a more people friendly builder then I did (ask the tradies what he is like to deal with).
I'll remember that next time I stickybeak into one of their half-built houses and chat up the tradies :D

Popped into the builder yesterday and said we want to build in X town. Sales guy is like "X? I did one there last week. We've done dozens there lately. Why does everyone want to build in X?" Why yes, we have noticed that almost every new house in the town is built by your company, that's why we're here ...

Pft, that's menopause and then some. From current experience, all being pregnant does to you is give you a fat tummy and an allergy to standing outside in hot weather for more than 5 minutes. And people at the hardware store don't say "how can I help you", they say "when are you due?"

This exact moment, the cat has a mouse. Quoth the baby:

"squeak! there! yum-yum! is mouse! cat! yum-yum! is squeak!"

My DD had her first day of pre-school today. We got to the classroom when she turns around and tells me " you can go now mum, I don't need you anymore". That's my little miss independance. :)

Middle of the night, can't sleep. Stomach ache, and hot flushes. I really want to go back to bed.

How about Menopause?? :p

Haha, such a smarta**e even from another state.

Sorry guys i'm playing catchup!!

And yes James my mother is too young to be a Nana, and there is no way she's pregnant!! EWWWWW!!

And yes James my mother is too young to be a Nana, and there is no way she's pregnant!! EWWWWW!!
That would mean she has sex, and everyone knows your parents never have sex.

My scales still say I'm 60kg. Either they're broken, or I'm really that weight. I might actually be on track to only gaining 15kg at this rate :eek:

That would mean she has sex, and everyone knows your parents never have sex.

My scales still say I'm 60kg. Either they're broken, or I'm really that weight. I might actually be on track to only gaining 15kg at this rate :eek:

Precisely :)

Did i mention i hate you! I wish i was 60kg :(

Back