The Off Topic Thread

How did you do it? I have a friend who I find very draining but am loath to hurt her by a complete cut off.

I moved state!

Actually i cut a few off before i moved, i just simply stopped talking to them and answering their calls. But then again they were one's i didn't want to keep at all.

Anyone interested in a Brothel??
Currently one for sale in Kalgoorlie, WA...
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...mt=&header=&cc=&c=27649961&s=wa&tm=1267587505

Apparently "Goodwill" is included in the sale....wonder what that includes? :)

Nadia

Well it does have bookings for confrences up to 10 years in advance.....what sort of "confrences" do you have at a brothel?:rolleyes:

Can you imagine a reputable company having a confrence at a accommodation venue with a brothel attached.:eek:

Well it does have bookings for confrences up to 10 years in advance.....what sort of "confrences" do you have at a brothel?:rolleyes:

Can you imagine a reputable company having a confrence at a accommodation venue with a brothel attached.:eek:
Underbelly style

Nice embarrassing time today.

We're on a *very* tight budget at the moment, something to do with saving way more than half of our income at the moment. So we let the car run to empty and kept driving it around (as you do). Until this morning, which is payday, but we still drove to the school for sports day with the intention of getting petrol on the way back. Parked on a very slopey bit of road. Car wouldn't start when we went back to the car.

So, off to the servo to borrow a jerrycan of petrol (country town - yes, you really can borrow a jerrycan of petrol without paying for it). Fortunately it was a lovely day for a walk and the school isn't too far from the servo. The baby thought we were just taking her for a nice stroll. Then we put 46L in the car plus the 5L from the jerrycan - I thought our petrol tank was 50L not 51L!

Note to self: don't let the car run down to empty in June. I am NOT walking to the damn hospital for #3. I hear third babies come ... fast.

RE - that reminds me of our uni days, when we didn't have $5 to put anything in the car until payday. 3am coming home from uni (doing assignments) ran out in the carpark before we even left. The uni at armidale is on the top of a big hill, managed to roll it down the hill and get momentum to get most of the way into town. Then had to wait 1hr for NRMA to come out with 10Lt petrol and wake up some friend who lived nearby to come out and lend us $10 to pay for it.

When I was at uni, petrol was like gold. We on the other hand often went across the footy field next to our rental, just to get toilet paper from the public toilet!!! :eek:

Later on I realised a roll costs like 20c in bulk....:p

You live you learn.....:eek:

I signed up for the Leukaemia Foundation's 'Shave for a Cure' thing today. I'm still a little hesitant about the idea, but I guess that I've got until March to get used to the idea of being bald :eek:

It's one week from today. I'm still a little hesitant! :eek::D

James - It's all for a good cause and hair grows back ;) I hope you aren't one of those people with a funny lumy shaped head that looks weird bald :D

RE - that reminds me of our uni days, when we didn't have $5 to put anything in the car until payday.
Funny thing is we ran out *on* payday so filling up was a non-issue. Just left the petrol go a really long time because we're saving the deposit for the builder now our land is paid off and we didn't want to dip into it before payday :rolleyes: Typical bank fee saving scrooges.

$800 to go and we've got the house and land stuff covered and can go back to normal. So, two or three more weeks of this .... gah. You should see my spreadsheet for the 12 week period we are trying to save the last of the land + builder's deposit in. Its quite a few thousand dollars so I've got everything down to the line. Wild discretionary spending resumes in April when the builder's competition ends.

That said, my mother is coming here for her birthday this weekend and we're shouting her a roast dinner so there's still fat in the budget :)

I'm off to Dubbo for the weekend.

What in Dubbo, I hear you say?

Truthfully not a whole lot, I don't think. I've only ever been once about 12yrs ago to play at a hockey carnival. But we are going to visit a friend who is living there for work at the moment. I did hear that there is a Zoo.

Back