The rich are leaving America

That's a great little video. I didn't realise entitlement spending was as high as that. I keep hearing stories about the US having problems financing the war in Afghanistan and Iraq and being a major cause of the debt problems but those costs are a drop in the ocean compared to the entitlement spending.

Ned, I would guess that their transfer payments are so high because (a) So many have the bum out of their tweeds and (b) They [the Gov] have SPENT their social security receipts as if they were current revenue when the payees thought it was being put aside for their retirement.

I would be very interested to see what the Aussie entltlement pie chart looks like in comparison. Benefits aren't generally given easily in the US, especially unemployment benefits.

Basically all income tax pays for our welfare payments (or entitlements if you prefer), we then have business taxes etc to pay for government etc.

The vast majority of that is actually Family Benefits Tax A/B not what you would think normal welfare would be.

If they cut out all the middle class welfare in Australia they could fit health expenditure and education in that section of the pie chart with change to spare.

If they cut out all the middle class welfare in Australia they could fit health expenditure and education in that section of the pie chart with change to spare.

If they cut out foreign aid and the cost of asylum seekers they could probably do the same.

Whatever the outcome, something is definitely going on with the potential for a huge explosion of wannabe expats. There are presently 3 million preppers in the US (1% of the population) and a lot of US buying in non US dollar denominated assets the world over. Bill Gates has a huge bunker complex in NZ, the Bush family bought lots of land in south america...the list goes on. Somethings up.

Im not a huge fan of a new US marine base being built here in darwin tho...i smell...war

yep. economic refugees are the new black.

i wonder if we will turn these lot back, or lock them up.....?

nah, most of them speak english and are white.....

So you think asylum seeker expenditure is significant do you?
This is an investment forum not a race forum.

even though I agree with your sentiment, I dont think its necessary to make it into a personal attack.
We do discuss wide ranging topics on the forum... so there are many different opinions, and we have to accept that. Turning an opinion into an attack is not necessary. Far better to come back with a reasoned argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back