The richest man in babylon summary

Hi all,

Following on my last post, here's a link to sample pages on the book "The Ultimate Gift":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=2#reader-link

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire

I chanced across the movie "The Ultimate Gift "Movie Trailer & Site Clicky Link the other day and watched it last night with the family. The wife was happy with the selection as a "family movie" and for a movie with a message, it wasn't bad at all. Well worth the watch if you ever get the chance

Apparently the book has sold over 3 million copies, been translated into more than 15 languages as well as being made into a movie.

The Ultimate Gift

I. In the Beginning
II. A Voice from the Past
III. The Gift of Work
IV. The Gift of Money
V. The Gift of Friends
VI. The Gift of Learning
VII. The Gift of Problems
VIII. The Gift of Family
IX. The Gift of Laughter
X. The Gift of Dreams
XI. The Gift of Giving
XII. The Gift of Gratitude
XIII. The Gift of a Day
XIV. The Gift of Love
XV. The Ultimate Gift

Dear guys,

Here is a free summary of the richest man in babylon.

http://www.the-richest-man-in-babylon.com/htaccess/free/trmib_review.pdf

You will need to enter the following details after selecting to download on this page:
Login: free
Password: download

This book is still one of the best money books that I have ever read, being published over 70 years BEFORE "Rich Dad Poor Dad". (Hey if you really want you can add the thousands of years before this for the true writing date.)

Myself I consider it essential beginning reading and have bought multiple copies for friends and relatives that I wanted to encourage in the world of investing.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Great book. Unfortunately that link no longer works.

I gave this book to read to my kids when they were about 10. They both learnt a lot from it. It made them think about the topic. It's a great book from somebody starting to learn about wealth building.

Just for interests sake

Here's a picture of Babylon from Google Earth

babylon-from-GoogleEarth.jpg

This thread and the concepts within it (along with the underlying topic) is timeless. Thanks for resurrecting Redwing.

I (with the birth of our child almost a year ago) have started to consider some of these concepts, and peoples approach within this thread have definitely been food for thought.

Thanks

Back