The timing of my tenant!

Long story short (or just not as long)

We built some villas in an area we were familiar with to build some equity. Villas were complete at the beginning of april and found out the week before letting that we needed to have a surveyor write a new easement into our title. We had let the villas and were told by the surveyor/builder that this would be a 3 week process. We had just got married, spent 3 weekends landscaping and were off on our honeymoon thinking we would come back to works as executed drawings complete and the title adjusted as such.

Fast forward 4 months: Our surveyor would never return our calls, atleast 7 deadlines were not met (some repeated deadlines), engineer signed off on stormwater pits without checking, council checked and requested they be resurveyed, pits had to be made larger, returfed + my logbook of about 6 emails, 15 phone calls and 25 txt msgs that had no reply. Keep in mind we had no OC so any insurance would be null and void. We managed the tenants during this time and they were very cooperative with all our requests and dealt with no bins for 4 months. I can undertand the frustration they themselves would have experienced during this time.

We found all this extremely stressful and disheartening but had to bite our tongues to keep everyone onside.

Now to yesterday: We recieved the OC and organised to have the bins delivered the next day - hallelujah. So now my wife and I sit down with a bottle of wine to celebrate. We had not even finished the bottle (a task we are capable of achieving in record time) and I get a txt from one of the tenants that more or less goes:

'are you on facebook? if so check out my post to (local paper) and (local news presenter) regarding your situation and all the s*** you are going through! its best that its out there!' :eek:

We drank the second bottle very quickly, creating a new PB .:)

Back