ThePropertyAdvisory syndicate

Hi,

I'm looking at this company who manages and sells large commercial real estate to investors under syndication. I have a cousin in real estate that advises me to stay away as he reckons most of the profit goes to the company that sets up the syndicate.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has dealt with a syndicate and in particular, this one.

http://www.thepropertyadvisory.com.au/

Cheers,

Just like any syndicator - you get lured by the attractive returns but they make their cut through brokering the deal (buying well, minor value add, lease up, pm fees and an healthy return on a successful syndication).
and
Downsides - no exit strategy for investors ie your investment is not valued against the market and is not easily traded. No formalised controls (ASIC).

Need to ensure that the syndicator has skin in the game and is also keeping a stake in the property.

OK if you are looking at retaining the investment for the duration of the syndicate and after a
reasonably 'fixed' income - barring vacancies. You need to understand the WALE and the exposure risk to your returns.

I invested in a property syndicate years ago using 10k from an SMSF via my accountant at the time.

Never seen a cent back and probably went towards a BMW purchase, who knows?

In saying that I have known people who invested in syndicates at the right time and did well.

Back