Things You Do Not Expect an Agent to Say...

Our contract went unconditional today. Real estate agent shows up, hands me the copy of the paperwork and a big 'sold' sticker.

"Its raining, so you can put it up yourself, I want to go to the pub" :)

Nice bloke, he knows we want to do some development and says he's going to call us if anything good turns up since apparently we're nice to deal with lol

Keeps trying to sell me a triple block that the owner is desperate to get rid of. Brilliant location. 3000sqm. Hmmmm maybe if its still for sale next year.

If I have more beer tonight I may be tempted to take very silly photos of self wearing extremely large 'sold' sticker and nothing else, but I might wear the sticky off and it won't stick on the sign, so perhaps not.

Went to an inspection a while ago. Good looking female agent was doing the showing and i engaged in some general questions.

Then she blurrted So What you Packing....:eek: I looked at her and said pardon she blushed and said i meant how much money you got to spend.

There you go...lol

Cheers
SG

Here's a beaut,

Agent: best price?
Me: 420k
Agent: too much, go 418k :confused:
Me: No, i would like to make an offer of 420k so ther vendors will agree
Agent: I would suggest you go 418k:eek:

418k it was.

Seriously???? I would never get this bloke to sell any of my IP's

Here's a beaut,

Agent: best price?
Me: 420k
Agent: too much, go 418k :confused:
Me: No, i would like to make an offer of 420k so ther vendors will agree
Agent: I would suggest you go 418k:eek:

418k it was.

Seriously???? I would never get this bloke to sell any of my IP's

For $2K they lose $40, but you now see this agent as your friend and so you won't want to let him/her down by dropping out down the track?

my offer many many years ago - $85K

No no, go down......hmmm I was only 21 and amused and confused by this :confused:

ummmm $84K.....No lower

Ummmm $82K......No lower

$80,500K? Yep its yours. So glad your offer is only $500 higher than the other offer but I like you and the other people want to knock the house down and you dont so its yours!!!!

And a valuation not that long ago by a very young agent, OH its kind of OK for what it is, I didnt think it would be that OK inside considering all the trees out the front, I mean Ive sold shitty properties before but this is OK....HAHA and they had the gall to ring back and ask why I didnt use them!

say?.....or do!
Many years ago when single and helping a girlfriend buy a house, I got involved with a re and over dinner he said he wanted to take me up to show me HIS penthouse, fabulous views over the whole of Melbourne, etc etc Being a housealholic, I'm in. Eventually, long story short, we had many delightful hours in his different listings, checking out the layouts, nudge, nudge.

I've had a REA say to me:

"The owner is a bit of an idiot, and doesn't really know much about either property investment or negotiating. Also, the bank is on his tail as he's behind on his payments and needs to get out of this property urgently".

Of course I figured the REA was spinning me a story for some reason, and didn't take much notice, but when the purchase ran into some hassles, I got to meet the owner. And yes, he was an idiot. And no, he couldn't negotiate for beans.

I suspect now that the REA had been putting up with this guy for some time, and just wanted a sale so he could get paid and never deal with the guy again.

I've had a REA say to me:

"The owner is a bit of an idiot, and doesn't really know much about either property investment or negotiating. Also, the bank is on his tail as he's behind on his payments and needs to get out of this property urgently".

Of course I figured the REA was spinning me a story for some reason, and didn't take much notice, but when the purchase ran into some hassles, I got to meet the owner. And yes, he was an idiot. And no, he couldn't negotiate for beans.

I suspect now that the REA had been putting up with this guy for some time, and just wanted a sale so he could get paid and never deal with the guy again.

We bought a property like that a couple of years ago. It was a private listing, so we always had to deal with him directly.He was about 50 years of age, and a teacher. He agreed to part VF, then reneiged because his older sister didn't understand it. He had no clue of the value of this property.He only wised up when he agree to allow us control of future tenants, and how we did it.Then he didn;t want to sell. We threatened legal action...and it is a true money maker.
I love stupid vendors.

say?.....or do!
Many years ago when single and helping a girlfriend buy a house, I got involved with a re and over dinner he said he wanted to take me up to show me HIS penthouse, fabulous views over the whole of Melbourne, etc etc Being a housealholic, I'm in. Eventually, long story short, we had many delightful hours in his different listings, checking out the layouts, nudge, nudge.

Gold.
Many years ago I worked for a specalist off the plan project marketing company that worked for developers who built fully furnished display suites to help sell townhouses, apartments etc. 20 plus sales consultants with multiple keysafe keys for displays suits 50m off Chapel st. The sales figures were not the only bragging rights for the Monday morning meetings. To being young.

Back