thinkings about solar panels

just all a mush in my head at this stage.
install solar panel on IP roof.

could you get an increase in rent? will it depend on the size? what if the tennants actually make money from your solar? (unlikely but still a thought)
what happens to the power you generate whilst the IP is vaccant?
cost of installation etc. deductable? monies make source os income?

any ideas?

I put solar panels on the roof of an IP.
All it did was cause me problems,
Tenants don't appreciate the trouble I went through.
I had to keep the electricity in my name for a couple of months to get them hooked up and when finally the panels meter was installed,the tenants didn't pay the electricity bill.
So I'm out $135 and the cost of the panels.(Lucky they were supplied with a new build)
I wouldn't do it again :(

How much do solar panels and their associated hardware cost?
How long will it take to recoup the money?
Will the solar panels even be working then, as they do only last for ten years or so.

How much do solar panels and their associated hardware cost?
How long will it take to recoup the money?
Will the solar panels even be working then, as they do only last for ten years or so.

Solar panels are usually warranted up to 20 years with some degradation in conversion efficiency, whereas inverters are warranted up to 10 years.

Solar panels are usually warranted up to 20 years with some degradation in conversion efficiency, whereas inverters are warranted up to 10 years.

but thats if the panels and more importantly are well known brands ,at the moment the market is being flooded with " lucky dragon" panels and invertors .
a warranty is only good if the company is still around to back it up .

no they don’t the best panels come from Germany
So if the panels are not made by the company you recommended, why recommend them?
They might be the nicest guys around but they are not the ones who will have to fulfil the warranty on the failed panel.

I bought some ovens a while back from a large firm in Brisbane who had been around for decades. They didn't help me when the ovens started having problems while under warranty as the manufacturer had gone down in the GFC. The best they could offer me was some even more expensive ovens.

So if the panels are not made by the company you recommended, why recommend them?

I'm sure Porsche make the best 4WDs but would someone seriously recommend you buy one? For investment it's all about getting most bang for your buck - not necessarily getting the best thing available.

Back