This is where i want to retire for half a year!

Backward?

Hiya

Really funny....my brother comes to visit us in Sydney and made the same comment ::)))

He hails from Singapore BTW.....:D

backward country - watch the news tonight.

heaps of options like this in SE asia. Vietnam, Thailand are others, though I would prefer to do organise it myself.

Personally I rather retire here and have holidays in different destinations.

If the budget was a big consideration I'd probably look at doing the house swap thingy first before going down the cheapest place path.

There'd have to be a great pull to one place for me to want to spend that much of my time there.

My wife and I have discussed this, and we have agreed.

I'd be happy to retire in Malaysia.

She would retire in Mexico.

Malaysia wouldn't be my choice.

BIL coaches soccer up there, SIL stays in their unit in Maroochy. He once coached the State side and they [she lived there then] had Royal patronage, were part of the elite expatriate set but she's an Aussie country girl and wasn't rapt.

Hiya

Thought i would like to share this with you...maybe it will be helpful to someone:D who is looking to retire but thought it might be beyond their reach!

http://www.mm2h.com/mm2h-profiles.php

http://www.12retireinmalaysia.com/

The country is undergoing some turmoil and its in the news with 20,000 protesters clamouring for clean elections - Berseh. The country is under the spot light of human rights bodies for its religio-racist policies, so be careful when you consider moving there when more than 0.25 million principally non Malays have been migrating to Western countries to seek a better living elsewhere. Your decision but with open eyes. :)

The country is undergoing some turmoil and its in the news with 20,000 protesters clamouring for clean elections - Berseh. The country is under the spot light of human rights bodies for its religio-racist policies, so be careful when you consider moving there when more than 0.25 million principally non Malays have been migrating to Western countries to seek a better living elsewhere. Your decision but with open eyes. :)

+1

Their policies for non-Muslims are awful. I know so many that have migrated from there to Aus due to the anti non-Muslim policies.

We saw "The Best Marigold Hotel" movie about britons who had little money to retire and went to India. Great movie, but certainly didnt change my views about travelling to India - never wanted to, couldnt pay me to, certainly wouldnt retire there

Reminds me of the website of someone who keeps pestering me for help ... makemoneyrelax dot com I think it is, and it is full of photos of this rather creepy looking guy in his 40s and dozens of photos of the young Thai girls he's been picking up.

So I'm thinking Thailand is the place to retire if you're a single man who's that way inclined ...

Hetereos

Ya...had this handyman who just married a young girl from the Phillipines...she was 25 and he is approaching 70:eek:

It was terrible...when he was on the job, he kept passing the phone to me to convince her he is a really good man...

But you know what, i just met the married couple..they seem happy enough so who am i to say or judge?:eek: both went in with eyes open!

lots of things are backwards over there but it's still cheap compared to other countries. it's easy to live there and to get around.

if you choose singapore for e.g. be prepared to just live in pigeon holes for rest of your life.

As mentioned in the link the good thing about it is the airlines, so you can get the hell away from there. Even tho the airport and transit procedure is backwards to.

Ah the irony of someone from mildura describing KLIA and KL in general as backward

Back