This property is breathtaking

Hi everybody,

I thought I would show you a home very near where we bought our block of land, that probably is the most beautiful and desirable home I have ever seen. The most ironic thing about it, we would have seriously have considered buying it if we knew it was coming on the market. Our new home is designed along similiar lines even with the lap pool I have been asking about in another thread. I go pass this house every day and the quality is unquestionable. I LOVE it because to me it is the perfect house.

Has anybody else got their dream home picked and would like to share

I think the price will be around the 1.1-1.3mil (BTW I do not have any financial interest in the sale etc etc)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=32785505&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1176519994

Mrs Bird:)

I also may add the views are spectacular for the house perches on a hill overlooking the maribyrnong river with the city sky line in full uninterrupted view.

Last edited:
too modern/noveau for me.

and i don't like the kitchen at all, it doesn't have the triangular layout that I feel is best for a kitchen.

It looks too sterile and overdesigned to me.

I love it too and would live in it in a flash, but I don't like the fact that you can stand on the footpath and look up the stairwell (I like to roam around in my reggies looking for my clothes and could give someone on the footpath a nasty shock :eek: ) and I don't like the glass garage door. I'd have to frost it so that I could hide some junk in there and I don't like people knowing whether I am home or not.

Wylie

Hi everybody,

I thought I would show you a home very near where we bought our block of land, that probably is the most beautiful and desirable home I have ever seen. The most ironic thing about it, we would have seriously have considered buying it if we knew it was coming on the market. Our new home is designed along similiar lines even with the lap pool I have been asking about in another thread. I go pass this house every day and the quality is unquestionable. I LOVE it because to me it is the perfect house.

Has anybody else got their dream home picked and would like to share

I think the price will be around the 1.1-1.3mil (BTW I do not have any financial interest in the sale etc etc)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=32785505&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1176519994

I also may add the views are spectacular for the house perches on a hill overlooking the maribyrnong river with the city sky line in full uninterrupted view.

Mrs Bird

I am not sure your comments "most beautiful house you have never seen". It would be a joke for this house to be : most beautiful house you have never seen. I believe this comments will make many, many, many, many Melbourne's people furious.

"I think the price will be around the 1.1-1.3mil (BTW I do not have any financial interest in the sale etc etc)" ------ You think the price 1.1-1.3m. How you think? The agent said the price on application. I reckon this is your house or your relative's house.

Ok I'm in love with it...............

But only for the C-Bus (put that in my own house in Melbourne)

ciao

Nor

(isn't it wonderful what can be done with a crappy old scotch thistle site that was...........ummm........a quarry??........ammo factory?? then again maybe that was further up Gordon St...........not far from Highpoint as well)

Mrs Bird

I am not sure your comments "most beautiful house you have never seen". It would be a joke for this house to be : most beautiful house you have never seen. I believe this comments will make many, many, many, many Melbourne's people furious.

Why would it do that? Everyone is allowed their own opinion on what is beautiful and what is not. I’m proud to be a Melbournian and I’m not the least bit furious. In fact I’m very pleased Mrs Bird started this thread, it’s given me an insight into what is happening on the other side of town. Its not necessarily something I would find beautiful, but everyone is different……...thank goodness.

"I think the price will be around the 1.1-1.3mil (BTW I do not have any financial interest in the sale etc etc)" ------ You think the price 1.1-1.3m. How you think? The agent said the price on application. I reckon this is your house or your relative's house.
She is also a long standing member with great integrity, maybe you owe her an apology? This thread is about people’s dream home…….not her trying to sell this property for herself or a relative.

Certainly everyone has their own opinion, but if it is true, it would be good. I do not think Mrs Bird would have thought that would be most beautify house she never seen. I do not have problem with your dream home. A dream would be big or small. However, "most beautiful" is NOT a small or big dream. That is a true judgement on all she has seen. I can easily find many houses beautiful than that. I reckon that house NOT only NOt the most beautiful, but also Not a dream home. The house is on a small block (from the design I can see), no eves....It seems a subdivision... That was where I came from.

Everyone has vested interests here, like me. I learn something here. Some people sell their finance, some sell their holiday accomdation, some sell their properties, some promote their investment to lure others to.....But I do not know what you sell.

Mr Steve Mcknight saying he is dediated to educate people (his dream to help people rather than making money on properry investment). He said he made enough but he likes teaching. Teach other people at a high fee. For god's sake, what he was saying. He said partnership was the worst for investment; but he said he and Dave has a meciable break up.... You really do not know what people think, what their integrity is.

too modern/noveau for me.

and i don't like the kitchen at all, it doesn't have the triangular layout that I feel is best for a kitchen.

It looks too sterile and overdesigned to me.

Yes, it doesn't do much for me, either. Reminds me of a hospital, somewhat. :eek:

Though, there are a few design aspects which I do like, and the concealable laundry is a nifty idea, I do like that.

Analyst...LOL

Why are you taking this thread so seriously? I agree, there are many, many beautiful homes probably millions all over the world better than this one. Dont read meanings into my words that are really not there. Do you really think I would put this house on the Somersoft forum to sell for over 1mil...I am actually smiling because it is so not me:)

The idea was that others could also offer a beautiful property that have always admired to be added to this thread. Enough said about that.

Ruby, thankyou for your kind comments. I have been a member for 6 7 years? and while I dont post alot, I consider myself a valuable member of this forum.

I agree the underground garage with the see through doors is one aspect that is not appealing. But the tiles, kitchen, style, built ins, bathrooms, pool, decking lights, are all high specs and IMHO I will try to have in the new house I am building.

ps, I like the fact this thread has started discussions about modern design ideas, what people like and dont like.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link Mrs Bird, I think its great, it has given me sooooo many more ideas for the next reno. Looking at the new builds with innovative ideas is great, it keeps us moving ahead.

Love the way the laundry is hidden and that toilet would accomodate even the largest of us I think.....

Just working out how long I have to stay working in Geneva to buy it......:D

Thanks again

Chris

I think the house is ok. The price tag seems very reasonable? I don't think the design is very practical like see through garage, see through doors, etc I am very sefety/security conscious and that would definately freak me out. I don't like the kitchen at all....unfortunately there's no homely feel to the house. I love the views though and I think that's really what you are paying for.

I think maybe the owner of the house over capitalised because it would still fetch around that much for a cheaper house with quality finishing.

That's what happened to my bro's house in Williamstown. Empty land were selling for as much, if not more than his house. I think in the end he sold his house for just over $1.1mil. It's 5 mins to the station and 2 mins to the beach. I would perfer my bro's pad over that one just for the location alone.....jogging by the beach every morning...priceless.

Having just spent easter weekend on the Gold Coast, I saw many possible dream houses. A decent size family home and a decent bit of land by the canal with it's own jetty and boat? or what about a 14 storey apartment right in front of the beach in Surfer's Paradise? in this new development there is only 13 apartments....one paartment on each floor with 180 deg ocean views. I reckon $5mil per apt minimum and 8 of the 13 are already sold.

Or a 3 level designer pole home backing on to the forest. Not to mention Queensland's stunning inner city queenslanders with city views.

Hi Daz,

Did you put an offer for it?
What would you expect it will sell for?

Regards

Ha, I tentatively - half jokingly - asked if he'd support me with it....he said come back in 3 years and we'll talk about it.

Would've paid it's own way, and I don't think the State Govt would fall over in a hurry, so surety of rental income was there. When you measure distance from the CBD in metres instead of km, capital growth is usually OK.

Maybe 55 would snatch it....depends on the competition....why ?? Did you get it ??

Does anyone not care/have a dream house?
(should I be starting this in a new thread?)

I can appreciate beautiful houses but there's no emotionally feeling. I don't envy it, I don't want it etc

It maybe a combinations of things that has made me feel this way. Being an investor, I think I have just become emotionally detached from properties altogether, I build houses and not one is ever perfect so I know that no house is perfect (even looking at a beautiful architecturally designed, I'm sure there's must be quite a few problems only the owner and builders know of), or that I could do such more more with $1mil than to just buy a PPOR

If I had $300k, I would buy a PPOR or maybe a small 3 bedroom, 1 garage for $250k and use the extra $50k as 10% for 2 IP's. I won't go and borrow another $300k for a $600k house.

So maybe even when I do have a lazy million dollars, I won't want to live in 'dream house'. I am just happy in a basic 21 square house with a small garden. Less cleaning and less garden maintenance and best of all...affordable.

If I want the balinese type resort house, gold coast beach front apartment, sydney harbour views etc I can always just go on a holiday. It's so much cheaper and you can save the money for other things like......seeing the world....my dream places like Dubrovnik, Montserrat, Toledo, Grenada, Prague, Slovakia, Marrakesh etc We paid $120 a night for a 1br GC beach front apt in the heart of Surfers. That same apt would cost over $400k.

EEK! Definitely not my cup of tea.
At the moment, this is the sort of property that tickles my fancy, in my quest for a nice home on acreage :)

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2006367021
Getting closer, except all that crap everywhere is really hard to look past. Without it all it be beautiful.

Haven't really looked for my dream yet, but it would be at least an acre, perhaps 4. The house would be a one level sprawling brick house with every room too big for its own good. Apart from that criteria everything else is flexible.

BR

Back