Thoughts on Salisbury SA?

Hey Guys, Me again ( ive only just discovered forums and have a ton of questions)
Was wondering what peoples thoughts on Salisbury SA are, i grew up in this suburb so i know all the good and bad from a tenants perspective.
My main reason for picking peoples brains about this is that i bought my first IP here (145k 2bed unit) which rents for $220 in a block of older units that i remember being full of drug addicts and unemployed 10 yrs ago but now has a lot of migrants in (Much better tenants :) ) i overpaid for the unit (others in same block selling for $115-$125k) because it was fully renovated, it was done very well and attracted a tenant for $220p/week instantly. Salisbury has big plans to Revamp its main shopping district in order to attract developers to build apartments on the council land surrounding it,
http://www.salisbury.sa.gov.au/Our_...rojects/Salisbury_Town_Centre_Renewal#project overview
Was wondering if people think that when the new developments are built (if they are) this will have a very negative affect on my existing older style unit,
or will this be mitigated by the Revamp of shopping district and Train station, My unit will be a stonesthrow from the proposed land release to developers.
Or better yet a positive affect on my unit :)

As always Thanks for your time and comments

This is why I always reckon land is the way to go, particularly when you have a choice.
I don't think it will devalue your unit too much. What will be the cost to build these units ? I would be surprised if they sell for less than 200k

However I do think it will stunt your growth for a long time

How long have you had the unit for?
What is it worth now?

I would consider selling if you can recover your costs, maybe look for a bit of land that can be redeveloped in the future

Back