Three storeys in LMR when affected by flood

Hi All

I understand that when a property has been flood effected that one can build a house to 9.5 metres (i.e. three storey) as of right. Is this right? And if so does the same provision apply to multi unit dwellings?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ben

Same will apply, although it will depend on the zoning of the area that you are looking at, for example lmr 2/3 under the new city plan may stop you from building that high in the first place.

You may also get some relaxations on height if you have to put an undercroft under for flooding etc

I understand that when a property has been flood effected that one can build a house to 9.5 metres (i.e. three storey) as of right. Is this right?

No that is not the case. Under City Plan 2014 you can build a house to 9.5m (but not 3 storeys) as of right (assuming no relevant overlays), regardless of whether or not the site floods. A 3 storey house will require a DA.

And if so does the same provision apply to multi unit dwellings?

Also, no. All multi-units (assuming the zoning allows for them) are able to go to 9.5m (and 2 storeys). Assuming you are in the LMR (2-3 mix) zone, you can 'generally' only go to 3 storeys if you are within 400m walking distance of a railway/busway station.

Back