Tight as a spring!

I'm not feeling worried, or in a low mood, but I am feeling absolutely tight as a spring this afternoon. Having to try really hard not to shout at the kids. :eek:

I've had an incredibly productive and busy day, but still feel like my to-do list is longer than when I got up, and I feel overwhelmed. I no sooner cross one thing off the list than something else comes up. I feel like one more straw and this little camel may end up in tears.

I was going to ask for suggestions to help me unwind (keep it clean - hubby's not home from work yet ;)). I'm thinking I may go and put on one of my Ali G DVDs, actually, if the kids will let me escape for a bit.

What do you do when you're feeling this uptight? Or don't you ever get like that?

When I get like that, I just grit my teeth and get through the evening until I can get to bed early. Either that or actually do start yelling :D

Hi Tracey,

It is all relative. I have had a few days of late like that.
Yesterday, a very close friend found out she has cancer (ovaries and utereus). She saw a doctor yesterday and had surgery at lunchtime today. It put all my little worries in perspective. I have been playing with the kids, had a glass of wine and put on some good music. Music does wonders for the soul. Life is precious. Kids will be precocious (is that how it is spelled?).

Sending happy vibes your way:D

Louise.

gosh - must be the mood of investors lately. a few of us on ss seem to be tightly wound.

what do i do? pour a wine (or three - with ice cubes) and watch the antiques (bargin hunt and antique roadshow). junior has been trained for years not to bother me while "the antiques" are on - to the point that she will tell me they're off if i miss the start.

othewise i cook - i don't like cooking but, as i am the only one in the house that does the cooking, they all leave me alone in the kitchen.

I love to get them all out of the house, so I have it completely to myself. Then sink into a nice hot bath for an hour or so. Lovely!!

Self awareness + personal development has really helped me in the old life stress's journey Oz!

Recognising the stuff that's beginning to bubble and boil and simmer in my life; not giving away power, of loss of emotion; (eg stress, anger, frustration- all that kinda thing).

As they surface deal with them, importantly recognising what's going on.

It's not about denying anything, it's not about it not going to happen it is about me recognising the feelings kicking in, stepping back from them, acknowledging and resolving, (where possible of course), asking what they are really about, realising I am only human, doing the best I can..

Personal development is a very empowering thing, it's an ongoing thing, it is fun. (When we get past the confrontational aspect of looking ourselves square in the old eyeball).

Life can deal you up so much, some of it is amazing and some of it very challenging; the key is what and how we respond to this stuff, learning about faith in ourselves, recognising our accomplishments, relaxation, reflection, nuturing our feeling of empowerment, (not at the expense of others around us), enriching our life!

This flows on you know, and you do know that...(I know that you know this stuff)...it kinda then ripples out around you, to family to others...is the greatest feeling.

Are you able to get a greater priority on your work at hand?

Triage the stuff?

Are you able to delegate any of it?

-I found some of the stuff I wasn't able to get a handle on was when I didn't have good clarity, eg; I'm a little challenged with figures/numbers so the easiest thing I found was go back to people (or resources) that are good at that stuff and learn and reinforce my understanding.

-I choose to have good clarity on most stuff....it helps me understand things better, when I understand in my own mind.

-Taking some total and undivided attention to a task at hand...not trying to juggle four things in the air all day-concentrate on the one thing, seeing it through from beginning to end. (Only what works for me-you will figure your best plan).

Realising my limits. I will never be interested in data entry, quicken, excel etc programs as long as I breathe!

My accountant can do all that, I pay whatever she charges for that to be her baby. She does it very well, loves tinkering with that stuff and while she does that I go climb a mountain, (literally).

We love our downtime and embrace it! It can be climbing mountains, horses, dogs, family time; eg come school holidays we love to get out in the front paddock, depending upon how many here and kick a football and mark and tackle. It is so much fun, you run about make a total *** of yourself (I kick like a girl!:p) and laugh ourselves silly.

I love photography, if I am able to squeeze it into any task/travel I do-it's fun. Even my not-so-good pictures.:)

I love music, what can you say, one of the other forumites already stated, music is so good for the soul.

Sex is the greatest de stressor, be creative.

We like to jump on the horses and go riding, or sometimes the motorbikes through the sand hills, so much fun. Take an esky and have a little bbq up the back paddock.

Our dogs here are like Saturday Night Live, each their own personality and sense of fun, dogs make the greatest psychologists! They are fun, loyalty (on 4 x legs) and unconditional love.

I love to read. I think I was born with a book in my hand, learning, reading, reading learning....what more can I say?

As someone else said, big bubbly bath, music playing softly (or loudly), glass of red wine...call for the mister....(we gotta get a bigger bath).

School holidays again, and depending who is here but we love to jump in the car and go and discover (and rediscover) towns, people and places...we have climbed every mountain within hundreds of k's of our home, we like to sample small town bakery pies, vanilla slices and chocolate eclairs..

We have movie nights, we each have lists and take turns in watching each other's favorite movies, seen or unseen...I have seen Wild Hogs 4 times! LOL!

There is so much, so much to be appreciative for and so much fun to be had and so much to learn and experience; I hope your feeling of overwhelming work does pass and you get to replace it with fun!

Albert Einstein has a really nice quote I like:

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

....and John Burroughs:

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world."

...and my favorite:

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life." - Federico Fellini

What do you do when you're feeling this uptight? Or don't you ever get like that?

Put some blues on, lie in your hammock with a big glass of red wine.

Invite some friends over and solve your problems, their problems and some assorted world issues. Then tell each other how good you are and how much you love each other.

Fall asleep on the couch.

Repeat as needed.

I often feel overwelmed like that. Nothing like combining kids with overly ambitious investment plans with all that stuff life throws up each day.

Today. Huge list - one kid in school and another booked in at creche. Ceche kid teething so now he is at home = big plans just aint going to happen.

I change my long list of "things i could do" to "absolutely critical - bad stuff could happen if I don't attend to this today"

And I then focus on that critical stuff. I am kind to myself. If oher stuff gets done too that would be a bonus but the world won't stop spinning if I don't.

Put some blues on, lie in your hammock with a big glass of red wine.

Invite some friends over and solve your problems, their problems and some assorted world issues. Then tell each other how good you are and how much you love each other.

Fall asleep on the couch.

Repeat as needed.

love it! I have the wine Simon, here are you?

I go for a run or mountain bike

Nothing beats running up Mt Taylor at the moment to get me out of a bad mood or to unwind - there's nothing else up there but you can see all of Canberra

Admittedly no kids yet - first purchase when we do will be a very good baby jogger

I go shopping and I love nothing better than pretty clothes and a good bargain.

So I went shopping yesterday and it turned out to be an absolute nightmare! My 2.yo boy decided to throw tantrums (and he never does) and pee in his pants (toilet trained). He screamed and cried from the dressing room all the way to checkout and the car. Only once when in the car he stopped crying because he knew we were going home. He's just like his dad...hates clothes shopping.

But I did get 2 tops for $3.50 each and a pretty skirt and matching top for $12.

we also went to watch the Brisbane Bullets (hubby works for ABC so free tickets) and have a good scream.

I'm not sure I have ever actually seen anybody jog with a baby jogger?

Of course, I've rarely seen anybody use a laptop on their lap, either.

Scott

So I went shopping yesterday and it turned out to be an absolute nightmare! My 2.yo boy decided to throw tantrums (and he never does) and pee in his pants (toilet trained). He screamed and cried from the dressing room all the way to checkout and the car. Only once when in the car he stopped crying because he knew we were going home. He's just like his dad...hates clothes shopping.

I remember well the joys of 2yr olds' & going shopping. A very peaceful experience NOT!

I go shopping and I love nothing better than pretty clothes and a good bargain.

But I did get 2 tops for $3.50 each and a pretty skirt and matching top for $12.

we also went to watch the Brisbane Bullets (hubby works for ABC so free tickets) and have a good scream.

I hate clothes shopping too and use very similar tactics to get home faster ...

I just go up to the local bottle shop,buy a six pack then go for a walk down the park and have a talk to some of the locals that live in the park by the river,every one has a different story how they ended up living in the park and how they became homeless and broke,after a few beers and talking to those people nothing seems to worry me...willair..

Back