tiler

anyone know of a good tiler that does not charge the world?

i once read somewhere here that you can find some good cheap tilers..

please pm me if you know of one in the melbourne area..

someone must know of a good, cheap tiler!!

i have rung around and some of the quotes have been outrageous..
i even had one tiler quote me $1600 to tile 8 square metres..

a good, cheap tiler?

Had a chat with a friend on Thursday about the rates charged by tilers at present.
He dose tiling at the top end of the market.
It looks like Melbourne has a shortage of tiler, about 200.
With the prices he quoted I'm almost enticed to get back on the tools and go get some remuneration.

Gerd

Cheap tiler ? probably yourself, it is not hard.

imagine why would someone go to do a job for you when they could get better rate else where ? ask yourself, which job you choose, the one that pays higher or pays lower ? unless that guy is good mate of yours or wanting something from you.

cheers

i would tile it myself however i want to lay floorboards in that area and over time remove the tiles from the rest of the house and keep laying the floorboards..
am afraid i will really mess the job up and not be able to do it evenly..

am manually challenged :eek:

Hi

The best way is to basically get a m2 rate from them. Lost tilers charge around the same rate but if you come across any that dont offer a m2 rate disregard them, unless it's a really fiddly small job.

Good Luck

It will probably be cheaper for you to fly someone in from somewhere else to do the job... I have a lot of contacts in QLD if you can't find anyone else in Melb to do it cheaper, drop me a line.

Cheers,

Ana Stankovic
Winning Formulas for Success

someone must know of a good, cheap tiler!!

i have rung around and some of the quotes have been outrageous..
i even had one tiler quote me $1600 to tile 8 square metres..

If they're quoting you high on a small job it's because they don't want the job!
Small jobs stuff up their whole day - it's just not worth it for them so they quote high so they won't win the job or if they do win it it's well worth it to them.

Olly

Back