timeframe lodging wapc clearance to title

can anyone give me an idea the time frame and the steps left after lodging clearances with wapc?

am asking because the project (retain and subdivide) is getting longer and longer than what was originally projected. costs has gone up as well
i.e found decommissioned pipe in the ground, need to add extra soakwells.

2 months to recieve WAPC conditional approval

1. Surveyor creates Survey Strata Plan
  2. Remove all utility and council conditions by paying for relevant services or sign statutory of declaration (where applicable) to confirm all conditions met. Give stat dec to surveyor to lodge. Only persons name who lodged WAPC form 1A needs to sign stat dec.
  3. Engage settlement agent for creation of new titles if you want to fast track the process (LOT SYNC) Pay $39 for Verification of Identity at Aust Post which is sent to Settlement Agent. Sign ?Appointment to act? from settlement agent.
  4. If bank has mortgage on property, engage bank or finance broker to ensure they have the titles ready for settlement agent.
  5. If watercorp conditions appear then Surveyor lodges Survey Strata Plan with Watercorp and sign headworks agreement for clearance of conditions.
  6. If Council conditions appear then Surveyor lodges Survey Strata Plan with Council for clearance of conditions
  7. If Western Power conditions appear then Surveyor lodges Survey Strata Plan with Western Power for clearance of conditions
  8. Pay all clearance fees
  9. Once all clearances arrive, lodgement of the Survey Strata Plan to the WAPC and the WA Land Information Authority (Landgate) for final approval / examination (~ 4-5 weeks)
  10. Surveyor gets valuation (unit entitlement)
  11. When survey plan is certified and ?In Order For Dealings? contact a Settlement agent (if not done already). Takes 1 week.
  12. The settlement agent prepares an application for titles (contacts bank if there is a loan) , gets a copy of the title,, lodges with landgate for new titles and sends titles back to owner (1 month?)
  13. The Survey, signing of survey plans and lodgement needs to be performed by a licensed surveyor. Once the Survey plan has been certified and endorsed it will be put ?In Order For Dealings?. At this point you will need to contact a settlement agent to apply for new titles

2 months to recieve WAPC conditional approval

1. Engage settlement agent for creation of new titles if you want to fast track the process (LOT SYNC) Pay $39 for Verification of Identity at Aust Post which is sent to Settlement Agent. Sign ?Appointment to act? from settlement agent.
  2. If bank has mortgage on property, engage bank or finance broker to ensure they have the titles ready for settlement agent.
  3. When survey plan is certified and ?In Order For Dealings? contact a Settlement agent (if not done already). Takes 1 week.
  4. The settlement agent prepares an application for titles (contacts bank if there is a loan) , gets a copy of the title,, lodges with landgate for new titles and sends titles back to owner (1 month?)
Thanks a lot for the detailed and informative post.

1. apparently CBA in WA does not allow Lot Sync. :mad:

2. i have signed and submitted a document to cba to ask for consent to subdivide and what they told me is they cannot proceed yet without supporting documentation (which i have no idea what in particular they need)

so i guess i'm 2 months away from titles then.

Thanks a lot for the detailed and informative post.

1. apparently CBA in WA does not allow Lot Sync. :mad:

2. i have signed and submitted a document to cba to ask for consent to subdivide and what they told me is they cannot proceed yet without supporting documentation (which i have no idea what in particular they need)

so i guess i'm 2 months away from titles then.

Wow doesn't allow Lot Sync. That sucks!

I just had to give my bank a copy of the proposed strata plan.

I'm currently in 13 for built strata on Gwelup - I'm lot syncing and Landgate have everything just waiting on them to produce titles.

THEN we can go for Settlement for the Gwelup villa I sold which is settling 14 day post titles. Villas were completed about 4mths ago - this stage is the frustrating slow stage. My Buyer has moved in so she's happy waiting, the rest are tenanted so that is AOK, but I would like the proceeds from the sale :)

which bank are you with westminster?

emailed cba today and they told me they need the strata plan and the landgate a6 or a8 form whichever is applicable.

googled a6 form and that is the application for new title so means i cannot do anything now. (still waiting for clearance)

just wondering, what exactly do they do when we ask for consent? they get title ready or something? because judging from what they want, cant do anything until we are in "order for dealings' stage.

will not having this "consent" thing done now, how will it delay my settlement agent when we have all the documents they want?

Back