Titles not changed

I'm interested in hearing if others have had similar experiences, or suggestions on how to handle a current situation.

With two partners, I purchased 3 blocks of land in a new estate in mid-2003 and we settled in around Nov/Dec 2003 from memory. Fast forward to 2005 and as we looked to sell the blocks we find that the titles are still in the name of the original owners.

I've been interacting with the (which) bank for several months but they keep saying that the Land Titles office require more details and changes. So far I've provided two stat decs regarding our names, details and relationship (just odd), but we keep having things sent back.

So the upshot is that for all intents and purposes we don't own the land yet have been repaying a loan for 18 months, and the LTO keeps requesting changes and more info. Any similar experiences or suggestions?

No, that sounds awful.

But I would also contact whoever did your conveyancing, because in my experience after settlement, they are supposed to do a title search to ensure that title has indeed changed hands.

Pen

Hulkster,
had the same thing happen to my best mate, bought an Ip, year later buying another Ip found that titles had not changed for his last Ip buy. I remember him making many phone calls to his solicitors, "plenty of stress" and settlement had to be extended many times till it was sorted out, but it finally was so stick with it.

Best of Luck
John

The (which) bank in question doesn't want to respond to my e-mails requesting explanations at this point. This is not unusual as I have made complaints before and they never return calls or resolve issues. Will definitely be voting with my feet on this.

Have contacted my solicitor who will give everyone concerned another rocket today and see if we can't get things moving.

Back