To RESIDEX or not to RESIDEX?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what peoples thoughts where on RESIDEX?

Has anyone used them? Are there reports any good?

Looking to invest in my first IP and was wondering wether to buy a report from them.

Cheers

JAG

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what peoples thoughts where on RESIDEX?

Has anyone used them? Are there reports any good?

Looking to invest in my first IP and was wondering wether to buy a report from them.

Cheers

JAG

Hi JAG

I've been using Residex reports for 15 years. While you obviously still need to do your own research, I've found them to be quite reliable.

We often commence our research with Residex recommendations (this potentially helps to narrow down the number of locations), then carry out extensive research ourselves to confirm or otherwise Residex recommendations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Garry

I've never seen or used them before, but have heard about them.

Some brokers can give them to you for free I think?

I've been using Residex reports for 15 years. While you obviously still need to do your own research, I've found them to be quite reliable.
lol that could mean that the send their fairytales on the same day every month.
No generic medians are "reliable" as indicators for future growth or actual market value of single properties.

There are a number of potential problems with median prices including the various ways they can be calculated, not to mention the fact that prices below and above the middle price are virtually ignored – which can be very misleading!
So just as you say, you use "reliable" misleading reports.
Though they are reliable in showing that prices never go down and always up for RE, and that "you cant lose" buying RE which is why anyone selling RE just adores them.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts where on RESIDEX?Has anyone used them? Are there reports any good?

If you are going to buy only 1 x IP then use their site, www.findmeahome.com.au
They used to give 5 free appraisals away per email address you register. The numbers they come up with are the same as the paid for report/s.

Other providers of this type of service are:
APM, RP Data, PDS Live (or the retail version: www.streetsales.com.au)

They can be a guide only, and in the hands of a novice, can be a dangerous thing I think. All software systems can do is come up with similar properties by: #brms, #bath, # car. It is then up to the experience of the person looking at the report to know if the sales presented in the report are truly comparable or not....and take the appropriate action.

The power in something like a good CMA from Residex or RP doesnt lie in the $ value range that the black box gives you, but the actual "comparative" sales data, the sales history of the place and other "intelligence"

Your broker should usuallu be able to rustle one up for you.

ta
rolf

Residex top 100 Does anyone know where I coudl view it

I have heard residex lists the top 100 perfroming suburbs, would anyone have a copy of this at all i could view?

Back