To slap or not to slap...when it's someone else's child?

"You're ALL individuals!" (Brian)

"Yes...we're all individuals" (The Masses)

"Im not" (Individual within the masses)

:D
Man in crowd: Shhh!
Brian: You've all got to work it out for yourselves.
The Crowd: Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!
Brian: Exactly!
The Crowd: Tell us more!
Brian: No! That's the point! Don't let anyone tell you what to do! Otherwise - Ow! Ow!

LMFAO..... sometimes you just have to say Ow! Ow! and move on :D

Just to clarify, there are 7 slides at this particular park & the one we were playing in was for the toddlers...it's probably only a metre & a half long.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, that does change the scenario. :)
mary&mat said:
However I do understand some kids don't want a toy or to play on something til someone else is doing it ;)
Ain't that the truth!

A child crawling up a slide precludes the possibility of it being used for its primary purpose - as a slide.

Offtopic now, but I think labeling any toy or playground equipment with a 'primary purpose' is to trample on kids' imagination.

Really, it's a piece of plastic that has a certain shape.

Having spent the entire first two years of our USA trip going to parks with our then 4-5 year old son almost every day, I can tell you that almost every kid crawls up slides the wrong way, and they don't care who is coming down.

After a while of getting smashed by the coming-downee, and after a while of the coming-downees having to wait for the coming-upees to get out of the way, they work it out.

Occasionally I would have to intervene and direct the traffic a bit, but for the most part I stood and watched and had a great laugh along with the other parents.

The best play equipment I saw was a flat concreted area covered on soft rubber matting which had a series of holes.

These would blast out intermittent jets of water randomly and for different lengths of time.

You've never seen so many drenched kids and adults having a ball.

Only good in summer of course.

Marc, now i get your definition of masses. I'm abit like you but maybe not as bad. :D

Ev,

in case you haven't worked me out by now...

I am a total snob, and tolerate very few people in anything but small doses.

I am definitely not one of yer masses.

If I ever become that; please kill me.

I guess it comes from working as a servent to the public for most of my adult life.

The sort of people I really enjoy interacting with are a slim minority I'm afraid.

The rest...they give me money so I am ultra polite, tolerant and helpful.

The only other job I could think of which would put you off people even more would to be a cop...in that job you really, really get to see what the masses are all about.

To all the cops out there; you are the champions.

Thank you to everyone for their opinions, their honesty & for sharing their stories.

We are definately a mixed bunch, eh?

:) this smily is for everyone, even those with whom I had disagreements with on this post. I believe all out opinions are worthy of being heard.

Back