Toogoom, hervey bay qld

this is where we are currently building and I think it is still relativaley cheap compared to yeppoon and other qld coastal burbs with better infrastructure in hervey bay

for instance there is a house down the road from where we live

for only 279k with a huge shed no we are not selling this just giving an example this is a great buy compared to the 2 bedroom for over 320k in same suburb is not far from beach as most houses in the area are less then 1k most around 400 metres or less to the beach only around 15mins to hervey bay 12min to schools shopping centre to be built along with many other things in fraser waters we also have a beachfront restuarant

I believe the rent is under value at present paying $175 for a 2bedrrom on the beach around from the shops(while building our ppor) new homes in the $285-$300 range I think these will jump when more people discover the area

these are nice usually we have everything in hervey bay and not to far to jump on a plane to sydney etc daily cheap flights.

and yes rpc dbeacle is in this area a few getting sold off for then cheaper then you could build them for as has cuased a stir I would chase these up if we weren't building lol.

remember I am biased as am a local and love this area have been here since

Yes I have been through HB area looking for investments in the past, shows lots of potential as a sea change area with enough critical mass to have a reasonably stable economy I think.
What turned me off and I ended up buying further north in Gladstone area at the time (3-4 yrs ago now) was the low rental return. This may go up slightly but with a mainly seachange/tourism/retiree population rents will never be great.
The fishing is great, climate is fantastic and could happily live there if family wasnt so far away.
Did you have a particular question about Hervey Bay?
Good luck with building.

Hervey Bay has been quite flat for a few years, at least on the esplanade anyway. Good capital gains were made several years ago but seemed to have flattened out. also always seems to be heaps of property on the market. 5 years back you could buy 1/4 acre on esplanade for $350k, went to $1mil quite quick, then nudged a bit over the mill mark, now dropped back a bit. there are lost of deve sites on esp just sitting empty too.

Hervey Bay has been quite flat for a few years, at least on the esplanade anyway. Good capital gains were made several years ago but seemed to have flattened out. also always seems to be heaps of property on the market. 5 years back you could buy 1/4 acre on esplanade for $350k, went to $1mil quite quick, then nudged a bit over the mill mark, now dropped back a bit. there are lost of deve sites on esp just sitting empty too.

yes esplanade in hervey bay itself some areas are quite expensive I was talking of my suburb itself toogoom although I see heaps of bargains in hervey bay and wonder why the heck people are paying so much further west

I grew up in blackwater and know yeppoon quite well and most of my mates that have been this way love this area and are planning on buying here aswell rather then yeppoon,rocky etc beach front land is still under 500k in toogoom and think it is overlooked by many it may change may not

also blocks of land are 134k and up quite reasonable compared to other places

these have town water sewage etc unlike other close suburbs

sorry 142k looks like them ones all gone just checked.

also there are not many blocks sitting empty there is many developments on them blocks from memory theres around 3 blocks undeveloped on the esplanade the one beside the older units belongs to them aswell and have a da for another motel/resort. and the old pI which is probably another that is seen is supposed to be another high rise not sure what there doing now.

5 years back you could buy 1/4 acre on esplanade for $350k, went to $1mil quite quick, then nudged a bit over the mill mark, now dropped back a bit..

agree everywhere has lately although we were looking 5yrs back and did not see anything for 350k along the esplanade that would of been a a bargain.

anyway this is my pick for now and will wait it out here we will only owe 104k

on our 5x2/2Family/2bath/1lg hehe is a nice house and intend to ride it out here

and see what happens in the future:) we also like the look for burnett heads/coral cover/innes park/moore park beach/

although I like our beach and infastructure better but maybe am just being biased?

also I seen properties in hbay itself like a place with 2 2bedders for 249k on 1 block there older whetherboard types but I have yet to find anything of better value in other coastal areas.

Yes I have been through HB area looking for investments in the past, shows lots of potential as a sea change area with enough critical mass to have a reasonably stable economy I think.
What turned me off and I ended up buying further north in Gladstone area at the time (3-4 yrs ago now) was the low rental return. This may go up slightly but with a mainly seachange/tourism/retiree population rents will never be great.
The fishing is great, climate is fantastic and could happily live there if family wasnt so far away.
Did you have a particular question about Hervey Bay?
Good luck with building.

I bought in stanwell around that time a few times and done quite well

although now I think the prices are a bit pricey in that area for an established home land is still quite reasonable if ya look hard enough.

was just giving my opinion on toogoom and why we decided to buy here.

besides 2 celebs bought here must be ok lol. I would not buy a ppor in hbay itself even though I like the place I also like the quite with the conviences close bet am not the only one like this.

Back