Top 10 Highest Yielding Suburbs

jake

Great yields at moment in the Gold Coast area as it has been hammered and various pockets in SEQ , 9-10%, buy the right property I see it as low risk.

Cheers. MTR

Some examples please? I must be looking in the wrong pockets.

Some examples please? I must be looking in the wrong pockets.

Have a read of some of Cherry Pro's recent post.

I have just settled on my property in Nerang $360K, 15K reno renting for $700, dual occupancy, approved dwelling at rear, mortgagee sale.

They don't come on the market every day of the week, its matter of sourcing at the right price, nothing new. I am also targeting these areas for flips to improve cashflow and then purchase development sites in Perth.

Cheers, MTR:)

You're right strongy in that there's not a combination of asset type and suburb together that I'd consider on this list. .

Hmmm... forgive me for asking: why did you post this "information" in the first place?

"Simply publishing an excerpt of a private report for the benefit of other members."..... What benefit???? :confused:

People on here often ask - "I'm looking to buy cash flow positive, where do I buy"

If they're investing for CF+ then these are the top 10 suburbs.

I personally wouldn't consider these viable options but that doesn't mean others wouldn't, thought that was a pretty simple concept.

Each to their own.

Good to learn as well. I was buying old units in Ultimo in 1997-1998. At the time it was "booming" on paper because new units where double the value of old as skewing the median.

Peter

Ah okay, was wondering how they've performed up until now. What kind of company were you working for, sounds like an interesting role if you were buying for them!

Hmmm... forgive me for asking: why did you post this "information" in the first place?

"Simply publishing an excerpt of a private report for the benefit of other members."..... What benefit???? :confused:

Perhaps posting it for discussion. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure ppl have derived some benefit from it.

Ah okay, was wondering how they've performed up until now. What kind of company were you working for, sounds like an interesting role if you were buying for them!

I worked for City West Housing. Affordable Housing Provider.

http://www.citywesthousing.com.au

CWH were set up to provide housing to low and middle income earners in Ultimo Pyrmont via purchase and direct development. I was Assistant Development Manager during the growth period late 1990s.

They own around 600 lets in the area. To be eligible you must be low income long term local. Funding came from seed funding and then contributions from developers as Ultimo and Pyrmont was gentrified by Better Cities Program. Now self funding. Lean and mean government at work, yes rare I know.

Great job, property fun and helping people in need.

Regards Peter 14.7

Last edited:
Sounds really interesting and rewarding at the same time, jobs like that can be as rare as governments that know how to spend money ;)

Back