Top 20

This is strange. I clicked on my profile to discover that I am now in the top 20. I didn't realise that I had made that many posts so I did a search on members & then posts & I am actually No 27 down the list.

How can I be top 20, if I am at No 27?

skater said:
This is strange. I clicked on my profile to discover that I am now in the top 20. I didn't realise that I had made that many posts so I did a search on members & then posts & I am actually No 27 down the list.

How can I be top 20, if I am at No 27?

Excluding Administrators & moderators, id suggest :)

Great a place where I can put in a response which doesn't serve a purpose but builds up my count, so I can make it to the top 500
(my new years resolution) ha ha :D

Hiya,

For what it's worth, I seem to remember a question like this coming up before...

From memory, I think Sim' has a preset post count to determine whether one is Top 5 / 20 / 50 / etc. I guess this simply hasn't been updated for a little while?

Cheers

James.

Hiya,

SoS, I guess that whoever is currently number 6 (Seech?) has not quite caught up to the level to be a top 5 poster.

Then again, I could be way off... :D

Cheers

James.

JamesGG said:
Hiya,

For what it's worth, I seem to remember a question like this coming up before...

From memory, I think Sim' has a preset post count to determine whether one is Top 5 / 20 / 50 / etc. I guess this simply hasn't been updated for a little while?

Cheers

James.
If that was the case, then at one stage there would have been no-one in the Top 5/10/20 etc. Also at some time in the future it would be possible to have many in the Top 5 etc.

Skater,

James is almost correct. Sim has to reset the counters. They're based on a point in time some time back where certain numbers of posts qualified you for a certain level. As time passes more posts appear and the thresholds increase but they're not updated so there is always "more" people showing as top 5/20/50 etc than actually qualify for such.

I'm showing top 50 but I'm actually 56 or some such with the old thresholds in place.

If Sim were to recalculate the thresholds then we'd all fall back in the right buckets for a while.

Cheers,
Michael.

Sim said:
JamesGG had it right - it's a manual process and I haven't updated it in a while.
And here was I, thinking it was a deliberate process to make people feel good about the number of posts the had made :D

Back